Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
Chagen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Teeth

At one year adjusted how many teeth did your preemie have? My little guy only has 2 and I am wondering if preemies get their teeth late. All my friends babies are a few months younger than Ash and they all have a mouth full. I remember my older term babies getting teeth a little later than most babies but by a year I know they has more than 2.

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
newtwinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My lil guys (27 weekers) haven't hit a year yet but Owen just cut his bottom two incisors only a few weeks after his cuz who is three days older but was term. So I don't think it's always true that they are late or even that they teeth by their adjusted age.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #3
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:
Re: Teeth

My girls will be 1 year (actual) on Tuesday and we are still toothless they were 6 weeks early though so we won't hit 1 year adjusted for another 6 weeks yet. They are much later getting teeth than my boys were who were both born term
Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

My dd wasn't a preemie but I wanted to say that she is 14 months old and still only has 2 teeth so it's not unheard of
Old 08-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #5
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

I can't remember how many dd had, she did teeth late, I think she had 4 teeth at 1, but that is probably actual age, not adjusted. On the other hand, dd2 who was term got her first tooth later than her sister, takes months to get a tooth through her gum, and at 17 months I'm sure has less teeth then her sister did at the same age. I think it is a combination of genetics and how early they where.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine were not preemies and they each only had 2 teeth at 12 months. . .then they started coming in quickly.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #7
MaBacon
Registered Users
seller

All of mine are are 34wkers and none got a tooth until 13mth+ old. My oldest didn't get his first until 15.5 mths and then only the bottom 2 came in, the next ones' didn't come in for another 6 months! He is now 8 and is just getting his 6yr molars as we speak, and still has not lost a tooth. The dentist said he's at least 18mths behind kids his age teeth speaking. My others got teeth a bit closer together, DD will be 6 soon and no 6yr molars and no wiggly teeth either, and my 4 yr old just got his 2 yr molars - 6 mths ago. Our 4th will be a year in 3 wks and no sign of teeth yet either, just lots of teething.

I think I prefer them to get teeth later on because my 15-18mths old they can then tell me if their teeth are hurting. And they dont need teeth to eat solids.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
sarahwinks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS child #3 was 35 Weeks and he has teeth at 8 months actual age. he got them at 4.5 months my other 2 got them in at 3-4 months(full termfor both). I think it can be a bit later as they allow for less milestones and growth than normal at the pediatricians checkups. It just depends on your family as most seem to have similar age for # of teeth for all their kiddos and on nutrition if they are getting enough calcium and such to grow them too HTH
Sarah Butcher
sarahwinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #9
mmmommy
Banned

My full-term baby had 4 teeth @ 12 months. She was very slow to get teeth initially, but when she was 17 months, she got 8! teeth within a 2-3 week period.
mmmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #10
Mystery
Registered Users
seller

Two but I have late teethers. My two year old just got his incisors and his one year molars within the last few weeks. The same was true for my five year old.