Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sinus infection, natural remedies?

I have now been sick for about a month, firstly it was a bad cold, now it's turned into a cough and every morning I am very congested, blowing green mucous etc (tmi, sorry!), today I have a lot of pain in my left sinus and I keep blowing and green snot is draining. I have never really taken antibiotics other than a few times for bad tonsillitis etc, but I'd prefer to avoid them. Howeever since this has been going on a month now and I am over the initial virus and my body doesn't seem to be fighting this lingering cough and sinus junk, maybe I need them? What natural remedies are there for a sinus infection?

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
majomama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Have you tried a netti pot? I used mine a few times a day when I was sick and it really clears out your sinuses!!
majomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sinus infection, natural remedies?

Netipot!!

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
Jillenebean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband let the same thing go & ended up on antibiotics plus another medication to facilitate drainage...I agree w/the previous two suggestions, netti pot! They even sell a salt mixture to use & a plastic version which is easy to do in the shower. Feel better!
Jillenebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
LilyJosie
Registered Users
seller

I say netipot too! love mine! whenever i feel a cold coming on i use it everytime i took a shower, that plus the steam seemed to help
LilyJosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #6
pinky74
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyJosie
I say netipot too! love mine! whenever i feel a cold coming on i use it everytime i took a shower, that plus the steam seemed to help
Ditto. This was my only hope WITH meds this season!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #7
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i HATE NETIPOTS! Just wanted to say that, lol.

Okay, here's what I do when I start to get stuffy. Go to the health store. Get one of those Bolthouse Vitamin C-Boost smoothies. vitamin C is from cherries, not artificial, so your body absorbs it a LOT better than most other brands. Get the big one, and drink 1/2 of it. Drink the other half the next day. I always start to feel better after the first day. Actually, I haven't had a sinus infection since I started doing this EVERY time I start to get a cold. If you need to get another one for a few days, do it.

A friend of mine had a sinus infection for 2 weeks, and finally tried this, and she felt better the next day. It works!!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #8
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was the same way! Strep, then cold turned sinus infection...at that point honestly the only thing that remotely worked was a Z pack. I think it's a class B, maybe C, but I seriously needed it, I'd never been so miserable. Hope you get over it soon!
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #9
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use the netti pot also. I LOVE it!!! But, I have to say with how long you have had the sinus congestion at this point you might NEED antibiotics to fight it. Z Pack is my choice for anti's - only 1 a day for 5 days. Good luck!!
Old 08-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #10
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm pretty anti-antibiotics for most things, but I can never get rid of a sinus infection without them, no matter what I try. I say take the abx, and get to feeling better sooner rather than later. You've been sick for a long time already, do you really want to feel miserable for another month?

I also love Neti pots when I have a sinus infection, for me it clears up faster when I use a Neit pot in conjunction with abx.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote