Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2011, 08:02 AM   #11
nattysmum07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this def a girl? *added comparison pics*

I added some pics of my other kids...just have this nagging feeling. I think I'm just being paranoid. I've thought girl from the beginning but lately I've had 2 boy dreams and just have that feeling. Strange. Appreciate the input ladies!

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #12
mandymatus
Registered Users

My Mood:

looks like girl to me especially the top one, but they sure are blurry... i guess it'd help if you were further along... i've only seen 2 boy ultrasound photos, but they were always VERY obviously boys even one that was early like yours 16-17 weeks....
Old 08-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #13
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I made the pic bigger by clicking it, but it is blurry not straight 3 lines so I am really not sure. When will they do your level II u/s? You said this is 16 weeks, so the next should be in 4 weeks?
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #14
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Looks like all my girls at that age. And I have lots of them!
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #15
nattysmum07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This was the level 2 u/s. They won't be doing another until I'm 28wks b/c of placenta previa.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #16
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I found out with DD at 15 weeks and it didn't look like that. There were just 3 thin lines. I don't have the pics though because I never scanned them and we lost the actual photos.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #17
KaliShanti
Registered Users
seller

looks girly
KaliShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #18
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I clicked and it's still a bit blurry for me.

Not sure if you know but with boys you can also get the "3 lines" as it's the lines of the scrotum, often with testicles not descended yet at this/or 20 week stage.

My hospital us(17 w 4 d) was a bit inconclusive too as we saw "something" but wasn't sure if it was a boy part or not, so tech leaned boy but said could be swollen girl bit, couldn't see scrotum or p clearly either. At the end I got a shock as 3 lines showed up clear as day, like baby sat on the screen, that close, but tech explained how this can happen with boys too, esp that early, before 20 weeks. We just could not get a shot of a p, so not sure if it was floating or what? Def made me see how it's usually that people are told girl, and later told boy.

I went for a private scan the next week and she saw "his bits" although still not 100% clear pic, but at this point I'm thinking boy still.

With yours, I wouldn't still stay openminded as tech wasn't super sure(right?) and it's so early and you don't seem convinced either.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:28 AM   #19
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

Here are my girls if you want to compare.

Hope that helps.
The only thing about mine are that they were taken at 19 weeks the top one and 22 weeks the bottom one. So stuff is more defined.

Good luck!

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #20
nattysmum07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanbh View Post
I clicked and it's still a bit blurry for me.

Not sure if you know but with boys you can also get the "3 lines" as it's the lines of the scrotum, often with testicles not descended yet at this/or 20 week stage.

My hospital us(17 w 4 d) was a bit inconclusive too as we saw "something" but wasn't sure if it was a boy part or not, so tech leaned boy but said could be swollen girl bit, couldn't see scrotum or p clearly either. At the end I got a shock as 3 lines showed up clear as day, like baby sat on the screen, that close, but tech explained how this can happen with boys too, esp that early, before 20 weeks. We just could not get a shot of a p, so not sure if it was floating or what? Def made me see how it's usually that people are told girl, and later told boy.

I went for a private scan the next week and she saw "his bits" although still not 100% clear pic, but at this point I'm thinking boy still.

With yours, I wouldn't still stay openminded as tech wasn't super sure(right?) and it's so early and you don't seem convinced either.
Yea I've been hearing that about the 3 lines being for boy too. I'm just not convinced. Tech just said she was "pretty sure" but I never asked her anymore than that. That was pretty much the only potty shot we ever got, saw it once again after that but it was the same thing...no real shot of 3 clear lines like my girls had, but no boy bits either.

Thanks for the info/insight!