Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
rawmamanibbles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
prenatals??

so i didnt take any prenatals with my first child. i was eating a very strick healthful diet at the time and didnt feel i needed one. i did suffer with HG the first 3 months but starrted feeling better well into the 4th month... and had a very healthy baby.

but...

im pregnant again and am 19 weeks. I def had HG again but it just seems to be lingering.... im so tired all the time and weak, but i am keeping my food down... most of the time. so im curious if a prenatal might help...
anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm taking some gummy prenatals from CVS. They were on sale.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've suffered from HG in the past and wasn't able to take my prenatals. I bought vitafusion gummys this time and didn't have HG. Not saying it's linked but It's kinda a funny coincidence for me. I've been able to take them my whole pregnancy and not missed but a day here or there instead of months like previous pregnancies. I know there's plenty of women who don't take prenatals and still suffer from HG.
I would look into the gummys though!! They really didn't make me sick like any of the pill types I've had over the years.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
Just2fornow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: prenatals??

I took chewable vitamins like the flinstones ones
Old 08-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

I took the New Chapter Organics Perfect Prenatals - they're whole foods, so don't tend to mess with your tummy as much. Crushing them up in some apple sauce (if you can keep apple sauce down) is an option if the pill-swallowing part makes you gag.

Good luck!!

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:32 AM   #6
trellisaze
Registered Users
seller

I'm currently pregnant with my first (26 weeks) and have been taking Rainbow Light Complete Prenatal system prenatals. They are whole food based, so very gentle on my tummy, and I have been lucky in that they actually help settle my tummy when it's feeling upset! I can't say enough good things about these vitamins. The big downside though is they are big pills, and you are supposed to take 6 of them a day (I take 2 at a time, 3x a day) which can be hard to remember and probably not worth it for many. I found that they make me feel so much better though that they're worth it to me.

I hope you can find something that works for you!
trellisaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #7
lydoomizelaine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was taking rainbow light(had a horrible time swallowing the huge pill) one and a walgreens brand dha. That made me burp up fish, even after eating something right away so I switched to target up prenatal and will be getting the enfamil brand dha.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #8
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydoomizelaine View Post
I was taking rainbow light(had a horrible time swallowing the huge pill) one and a walgreens brand dha. That made me burp up fish, even after eating something right away so I switched to target up prenatal and will be getting the enfamil brand dha.
The enfamil dha did that to me too My mw wants me to start it back up and all i can think about is the fishy taste. I HATE fish.

I just started rainbow light.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellisaze View Post
I'm currently pregnant with my first (26 weeks) and have been taking Rainbow Light Complete Prenatal system prenatals. They are whole food based, so very gentle on my tummy, and I have been lucky in that they actually help settle my tummy when it's feeling upset! I can't say enough good things about these vitamins. The big downside though is they are big pills, and you are supposed to take 6 of them a day (I take 2 at a time, 3x a day) which can be hard to remember and probably not worth it for many. I found that they make me feel so much better though that they're worth it to me.

I hope you can find something that works for you!

Rainbow light are awesome prenatals. I had horrible morning sickness but these were always really gentle on my stomach. They are big though, so sometimes it took me a few tries to swallow them. If I was feeling especially nauseas I would just throw them in with my smoothies, completely tasteless!

ETA: They also have 1 a day prenatals, that what I took.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #10
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi
I've suffered from HG in the past and wasn't able to take my prenatals. I bought vitafusion gummys this time and didn't have HG. Not saying it's linked but It's kinda a funny coincidence for me. I've been able to take them my whole pregnancy and not missed but a day here or there instead of months like previous pregnancies. I know there's plenty of women who don't take prenatals and still suffer from HG.
I would look into the gummys though!! They really didn't make me sick like any of the pill types I've had over the years.
These are the same ones I take and they have the dha already in them. I was horrible about taking vitamins with my other two pregnancies but these make it really easy!.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote