Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:11 AM   #11
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
Re: OMG, babysitting a dog that has WORMS!!!!

ugh.. been there done that when we first got our dog when she was a puppy. Pills from the vet knocked them out quickly. I was SUPER grossed out as this dog slept with us, even putting her head on our pillows at night. I ended up working in a vet clinic and realized that this is a VERY common problem and very easy and inexpensive to treat, although the vet visit itself might not be depending on what they charge for the visit (our clinic it was $50 just to have an exam). Careful, there ARE some worms that the dog could have and you not see that CAN infect people. We had weekly staff meetings and sometimes we would have "guest speakers" come in and talk to us about their products and the one from Heartgard, I believe, told us about what can and cannot be transfered to humans. I can't remember which worm ?been 7 years!) it was, but it caused a lil girl to go blind in one eye. I'll never forget that. That said, give that dog a dewormer and it wouldn't hurt to give all other dogs in contact with that dog a dewormer, too. Also, make sure you are picking up this dogs poop immediately. Don't let the dog sleep in anyones bed. crate him/her at night if possible. When our dog had them, we put her in "quarantine" in her crate for a couple of days. She wasn't happy, but neither was I. We got over it.. 11 years later, she doesn't hold it against me, I don't think! Gotta keep it from spreading!

Join Citrus Lane for a surprise box every month, cancel any time. First month $15
Join Swagbucks and earn free gift cards!
Check out 10DollarMall where everything is under $10 .. clothes, shoes, handbags, etc!
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote