Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
NiftyB
Registered Users
seller

So discouraged trying different diapers: FB OS, Bitti Tutto...what to do?

After months and months of our FB OS leaking ALL THE TIME I finally decided to try some new diapers and hopefully just move on. I like one-size diapers and found Itti Bitti Tutto and liked it initially, even though it was different than the pockets I was used to. My LO is very petite, tall and slender...14 lbs at 9 months. The Tutto is so trim in the crotch and it's just fuzzy and fabulous! But after a few huge poops, and one that blasted past the "poo fence" tonight into the high chair, I'm wondering if Tutto is TOO narrow in the crotch? And spraying all that poo off all those layers of soakers is just labor intensive and not very pleasant. What's toddler poo gonna be like in these diapers? And a few times when I've put them on, pee has trickled right out the back as LO was lying on the changing pad. Is the rise too low?

Feeling frustrated and need to be talked into or out of the Tutto. It figures that the FB OS seem not to leak anymore ...but I find the back elastic too tight and leaving red marks so I'm still wanting to abandon those for something else.

I have some Grovia AIOs, Bottom Bumpers and 1 Preston's Pants OTW. Tried Oh Katy and found them leaving bad red marks (otherwise I loved them, and LOVE the pocket in front!). Tried BG 4.0 pockets (with aplix...and cemented that I prefer snaps) and tried one-size Knickernappies. Didn't like the BG, even aside from the aplix. I actually REALLY like the Knickernappies EXCEPT for how bulky they are between LO's legs and how squarish they are in the rear (but a square bum isn't a deal breaker for me...bulk between the legs might be). I also have one RSD stay-dry night time fitted OTW, but it doesn't look like she's got a one-size diaper. Am willing to use sized for night time since I only need to buy a few.

Anyway, I prefer one-size, possibly side-snapping, probably pockets and stay-dry...but at this point I'm almost willing to try anything. I'm shying away from trying Applecheeks because they're sort-of sized, but I keep coming back to look at them, and I'm shying away from SoftBums Omni due to the aplix. Should I consider these?

Help! I wanted to CD as long as it was easy, and that keeps popping into my head each time I struggle to spray poop off a Tutto. I can't help but think of how easily poop just blasts off the FB without me having to get all in it.

Am running out of steam and wondering if selling off the FB is/was a mistake (though, after seeing some of these other diapers, I feel the quality of FB isn't that great!).

What to do? Feeling deflated with my CD'ing crusade (zero support from the family).

Advertisement

NiftyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So discouraged trying different diapers: FB OS, Bitti Tutto...what to do?

Have you tried Grovia Hybrid with the snap in soakers. They are really fabulous and trim. Trim is a must here.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hate aplix too. But I have to say one of my favorite diapers is the Softbums!
I love how you can adjust the legs so much. It is perfect for my big thighed boy. And I hate os so this works for us and is os If you get the echo is narrower in the crotch but with the omni you have the option of the pocket which I like for longer periods.
Have you tried flips? I really like flips, especially for naps with an organic insert.
I have the opposite problem from you because my ds is a big boy and has those thunder thighs so trying to find a good diaper for him was hard!
I do love Bottombumpers though. I have some knickernappies and i agree about the bunchy crotch, same with my GADs
Hope you find something to work well!
Have you tried BG 4.0? I haven't because i am afraid they will not fit him or what about BGE? I have one of those and it has a small rise but i still really like it!
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
Dutchlish
Registered Users
Formerly: MWally29
seller

Rainshine Designs does make a OS pocket diaper. I have two and really liked them on both my boys who have very different builds. Her customs are closed but if you look on her FB page you can see some of her recent stuff.

We didn't have any luck with the FB OS either - I just listed them on FSOT.
M. - married to my best friend J. since 2006 ~ liberal, semi-crunchy, vegetarian, babywearing, CDing, Extended RFing, ER RN mama to my greatest loves B. (9/2008), C. (5/2010) and V. (9/2012) and A.(7/2014). Always missing the ones we didn't get to hold.
Dutchlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
rescueremedies
Banned

I'm going to recommend Charlie Banana. Since you like fuzzy bunz the back elastic on the Charlie Banana is wide, and doesn't leave redmarks like the fuzzy bunz. They are snaps too
rescueremedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #6
ayer79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The back elastic is adjustable on the FBOS. Not sure if you tried loosening it. My big 19lber fits with it extended. It took me awhile to figure that out. I'd try blueberry or swaddlebees too. BGE are really trim and would be good for your skinny one. My skinny ODS fits well in them.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #7
EssentialGoodz
Registered Users
seller

Try this cheaper combo...works with no leaks for us: clotheez workhorse fitted with an econobum cover we have tried so many kinds of diapers and these are some of the few I can always count on. Fuzzibunz leaked for us and a few others too.good luck!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #8
NiftyB
Registered Users
seller

Today's poo explosion Tutto didn't get fully clean in the leg gussets/poo fence in tonight's wash. So I'm done: I will sell off my Tuttos (after thorough cleaning, of course!). Anyone? Anyone?

I decided to pick up some GroVia shells while they're on sale and give those a whirl in addition to the rest of the fluffy mail I'm awaiting. I even wonder: if the GroVias work out, maybe I can use prefolds in them for kicking around at home, rather than spending a boatload of $ on the soakers?
NiftyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #9
his&herMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiftyB View Post
After months and months of our FB OS leaking ALL THE TIME I finally decided to try some new diapers and hopefully just move on. I like one-size diapers and found Itti Bitti Tutto and liked it initially, even though it was different than the pockets I was used to. My LO is very petite, tall and slender...14 lbs at 9 months. The Tutto is so trim in the crotch and it's just fuzzy and fabulous! But after a few huge poops, and one that blasted past the "poo fence" tonight into the high chair, I'm wondering if Tutto is TOO narrow in the crotch? And spraying all that poo off all those layers of soakers is just labor intensive and not very pleasant. What's toddler poo gonna be like in these diapers? And a few times when I've put them on, pee has trickled right out the back as LO was lying on the changing pad. Is the rise too low?

Feeling frustrated and need to be talked into or out of the Tutto. It figures that the FB OS seem not to leak anymore ...but I find the back elastic too tight and leaving red marks so I'm still wanting to abandon those for something else.

I have some Grovia AIOs, Bottom Bumpers and 1 Preston's Pants OTW. Tried Oh Katy and found them leaving bad red marks (otherwise I loved them, and LOVE the pocket in front!). Tried BG 4.0 pockets (with aplix...and cemented that I prefer snaps) and tried one-size Knickernappies. Didn't like the BG, even aside from the aplix. I actually REALLY like the Knickernappies EXCEPT for how bulky they are between LO's legs and how squarish they are in the rear (but a square bum isn't a deal breaker for me...bulk between the legs might be). I also have one RSD stay-dry night time fitted OTW, but it doesn't look like she's got a one-size diaper. Am willing to use sized for night time since I only need to buy a few.

Anyway, I prefer one-size, possibly side-snapping, probably pockets and stay-dry...but at this point I'm almost willing to try anything. I'm shying away from trying Applecheeks because they're sort-of sized, but I keep coming back to look at them, and I'm shying away from SoftBums Omni due to the aplix. Should I consider these?

Help! I wanted to CD as long as it was easy, and that keeps popping into my head each time I struggle to spray poop off a Tutto. I can't help but think of how easily poop just blasts off the FB without me having to get all in it.

Am running out of steam and wondering if selling off the FB is/was a mistake (though, after seeing some of these other diapers, I feel the quality of FB isn't that great!).

What to do? Feeling deflated with my CD'ing crusade (zero support from the family).

I know you said you like one size but maybe you need to try a sized diaper. I'd try a fitted sized and some wool. Good luck
his&herMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #10
mimzie
Registered Users

My Mood:

http://hyenacart.com/RocketBottoms/m...ye-Semi-Custom

These are adorable pocket diapers with gussets!! This mama is super sweet too