Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #11
niteshade
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: So discouraged trying different diapers: FB OS, Bitti Tutto...what to do?

hi
you had red mark problems with oh katy's? I thought they had fixed that problem when they moved from the katydids which did leave bad marks thanks diana

Advertisement

niteshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Swaddlebees and Blueberry have a narrow crotch area. You can get stuffable AIOs.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #13
Levi_Elizabeth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For what it is worth CDing my first child cost me $800 mainly because of exactly your story! I just couldn't find something that worked and I needed it to be leak proof and super easy due to daycare/MIL/my mom/DH, so many people changing. I fell in love with old style sized FBs. The bummer of this is they are discontinued, so you have to buy used. They aren't the cutest diaper out there, but they work amazing!
This being said hang in there! Once you find something you like you will love CDing. If I were you I would try Preston's Pants OS. They have the fleece inner for easy poop cleanup and I have heard such great things about them. Or you could try some sized diapers, like a sized FB (old style of course is my favorite).
Good Luck!
Old 08-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #14
bnwhitaker
Registered Users
seller

Have you tried a Bright Star? or Grasshopper?

Bumware Extreams ( I think you can get snaps) its also a good one.

My guy is 14lbs right now and I searched tons of diapers and when I got a good list of about 20 "trim" ones I tried them all. You've got some on your list but I dont think I seen the ones I listed above. Daisy Doodle is also very trim but I think it may have blow outs if worn very long at all. But i do like that diaper to.

Oh yah I love my soft bums also but the other ones above are way more trim.
bnwhitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #15
Jasmini
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use prefolds with our Gro Via shells and it usually works well....but my son is still ebf, so his blow outs are impressing as well

Did you try Rumparooz diapers yet? I love the leg gusset...it keeps everything in its place

nappies and more ......cloth diapers, baby carriers and more... and find us on Facebook
Do you Scentsy?
Jasmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #16
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I make a side snapping os pocket (it was my very first diaper, over 6 years ago ) I am not sure who else makes them...i think knickernappies?

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Free Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:45 AM   #17
cemetree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiftyB View Post
After months and months of our FB OS leaking ALL THE TIME I finally decided to try some new diapers and hopefully just move on. I like one-size diapers and found Itti Bitti Tutto and liked it initially, even though it was different than the pockets I was used to. My LO is very petite, tall and slender...14 lbs at 9 months. The Tutto is so trim in the crotch and it's just fuzzy and fabulous! But after a few huge poops, and one that blasted past the "poo fence" tonight into the high chair, I'm wondering if Tutto is TOO narrow in the crotch? And spraying all that poo off all those layers of soakers is just labor intensive and not very pleasant. What's toddler poo gonna be like in these diapers? And a few times when I've put them on, pee has trickled right out the back as LO was lying on the changing pad. Is the rise too low?

Feeling frustrated and need to be talked into or out of the Tutto. It figures that the FB OS seem not to leak anymore ...but I find the back elastic too tight and leaving red marks so I'm still wanting to abandon those for something else.

I have some Grovia AIOs, Bottom Bumpers and 1 Preston's Pants OTW. Tried Oh Katy and found them leaving bad red marks (otherwise I loved them, and LOVE the pocket in front!). Tried BG 4.0 pockets (with aplix...and cemented that I prefer snaps) and tried one-size Knickernappies. Didn't like the BG, even aside from the aplix. I actually REALLY like the Knickernappies EXCEPT for how bulky they are between LO's legs and how squarish they are in the rear (but a square bum isn't a deal breaker for me...bulk between the legs might be). I also have one RSD stay-dry night time fitted OTW, but it doesn't look like she's got a one-size diaper. Am willing to use sized for night time since I only need to buy a few.

Anyway, I prefer one-size, possibly side-snapping, probably pockets and stay-dry...but at this point I'm almost willing to try anything. I'm shying away from trying Applecheeks because they're sort-of sized, but I keep coming back to look at them, and I'm shying away from SoftBums Omni due to the aplix. Should I consider these?

Help! I wanted to CD as long as it was easy, and that keeps popping into my head each time I struggle to spray poop off a Tutto. I can't help but think of how easily poop just blasts off the FB without me having to get all in it.

Am running out of steam and wondering if selling off the FB is/was a mistake (though, after seeing some of these other diapers, I feel the quality of FB isn't that great!).

What to do? Feeling deflated with my CD'ing crusade (zero support from the family).
you should try blueberry basix.. they are sidesnapping, sized, stay dry, great quality. they have a tongue style pocket so the insert is attached but agitates out of the pocket.
cemetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #18
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggaBuggaBoutique View Post
I make a side snapping os pocket (it was my very first diaper, over 6 years ago ) I am not sure who else makes them...i think knickernappies?
Sorry to highjack but I so want to try your diapers mama. Maybe I can convince Dh that we need a few if this new bean is a girl
Old 08-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #19
cemetree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saharan View Post
Sorry to highjack but I so want to try your diapers mama. Maybe I can convince Dh that we need a few if this new bean is a girl
her side snaps are great!! i havnt tried the OS but i loved bugga sized
cemetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #20
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saharan View Post
Awwe, thanks momma!

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Free Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote