Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Feeling horribly fat :(

Yes, I know I am 25 weeks pregnant. But I still feel horribly fat. I've gained 15 pounds so far, which isn't horrible..if I gain a pound a week from here on out, that'd put me at a total of 30 pounds. I'm okay with a 30 pound gain, but what I am NOT okay with is the fact that I started out this pregnancy heavier! With dd I started at 132 in a size 4. I ended at 162 and even 10 months post partum I was only down to 146 and a size 8, and not happy about it. Then I got pregnant with this one. I am now 161! So basically where I ENDED with my last pregnancy. With ALL my pregnancies (all 4 of them) I have ended at 162 (how weird is that!) no matter what weight I started at. So 2 more pounds and I will be the heaviest I have ever been IN MY LIFE! If I gain 15 more pounds I'll be 176. OMG I have never been in the 170's and that is NOT okay for my height! Everything is big..my belly, my butt, my thighs, my face, everything! I feel like a disgusting blob and I feel like I will never be my skinny self again. Nursing doesn't help me. I actually hold onto the weight while nursing, and then lose it right after weaning. That means I could have two more YEARS being FAT!

Somebody tell me they know how I feel! I don't know what to do. I'm still on Zofran, still throwing up, and yet, I'm a fat blob. UGH!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2011, 05:01 AM   #2
tatania
Registered Users
seller

Re: Feeling horribly fat :(

awe. ive gained 50+ each pregnancy. & then my husband likes to check out other girls.. or course he tires to hide it................ well doesnt make me feel any better!!! but youll be back to your normal self after all this baby making. so hang in there.
tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:14 AM   #3
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awww... I hear ya. I just hate feeling uncomfortable and looking fat too. We're just heading out of winter now, and I am dreading having to wear lighter clothing, right now i'm hiding under layers. In some ways I am glad this is my last baby because I am really going to make an effort after this. I eat and eat with this pregnancy, I just can't stop myself. I have no idea how much weight I have gained and I am not sure I want to know...
Old 08-13-2011, 06:05 AM   #4
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I know how you feel. I have not been able to loose much from when I had my 3 year old and started out this PG at about 167....i haven't gained yet but i'm only 12 weeks...but I feel like a whale... I think my uterus is pushing my gut up and out! ugh
Old 08-13-2011, 07:02 AM   #5
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

mama. Im sorry you are struggling with it right now. Try to let your body gain what it needs, thats whats healthy for you! Pregnancy weight gain is never easy to deal with and now at 39.3 weeks I am at my heaviest Ive ever been. Not because I over gained, because I started out heavier than before. Its been hard to deal with but I am determined to get it off once and for all since this is our last baby. I also BF for about 2 ys each time so that contributes to my struggle to lose it all, too- I am not one of those BFrs who loses all the weight just by nursing. I wish!! I am hoping that treating myself to a Y membership so I have gym access and childcare will help me to be more active PP this time.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #6
mandymatus
Registered Users

My Mood:

i hear you! i gained 55 with dd and lost 45 in the 4 1/2 months before i was pregnant again (so started out 10 pounds heavier) and i just stopped paying attention, i'm sure i'm already over 50 pounds by now (i didn't even look at the scale last appt. )

it doesn't matter if i watch what i eat or not....i was already on the high end for my heighth. my husband is also shorter than me so guess what? i'm nearing 100 pounds more than him probably!

trying not too worry too much about it, there's nothing i can do except continue to eat healthy....the good news is you'll have a sweet little child afterwards and that is more important
Old 08-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Wow, I didn't feel that fat until I read your post and realized I already weigh what your worried about weighing at the end of your pregnancy, and i've only gained 13 lbs so far.

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
You are not alone. I'm 25 weeks too & have gained too much already. My nausea is kept in check with meds & constant grazing so the number on the scale keeps going up way too fast. I'm up 23 lbs & I was not an a good weight to start. I have noticed since I started riding the exercise bike & doing wall push-ups, lunges, squats & leg curls the number has not gone up much.

Hopefully we will get over it though. After all, we are getting fat for the best reason ever!

ETA: I was in the 170's when I delivered my youngest & I was mortified. My husband put pix up on his Facebook & I nearly died. I was huge elephant woman. I'm 5'1! It didn't help that I hemorraghed & had to get 11 liters of fluid pumped into me. Turned out it was mostly water weight. By the time my mom left at 10 days pp, I was back in the high 130's. Its hot & we are retaining water. Go easy on yourself!

Last edited by P!nkPepper; 08-13-2011 at 10:47 AM.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #9
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

We're about the same height! I'm 5'1.5" LOL..

I haven't taken ONE belly picture because I am so embarrassed! I can't seem to get a good belly picture that doesn't have my arms or thighs or fifty chins showing!

Dh doesn't seem to mind. But I do. Even my underwear got too small. BOO!

Oh and yeah same thing with me..I have to eat constantly and take my zofran to keep from throwing up. If I go more than 3 hours without eating, it's bad news. I'm very thankful that it's getting under control, and I'm only throwing up in the early morning and late night now for the most part, but sheesh, I just feel like I can't win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
You are not alone. I'm 25 weeks too & have gained too much already. My nausea is kept in check with meds & constant grazing so the number on the scale keeps going up way too fast. I'm up 23 lbs & I was not an a good weight to start. I have noticed since I started riding the exercise bike & doing wall push-ups, lunges, squats & leg curls the number has not gone up much.

Hopefully we will get over it though. After all, we are getting fat for the best reason ever!

ETA: I was in the 170's when I delivered my youngest & I was mortified. My husband put pix up on his Facebook & I nearly died. I was huge elephant woman. I'm 5'1! It didn't help that I hemorraghed & had to get 11 liters of fluid pumped into me. Turned out it was mostly water weight. By the time my mom left at 10 days pp, I was back in the high 130's. Its hot & we are retaining water. Go easy on yourself!
Old 08-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #10
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydaysunshine View Post
Wow, I didn't feel that fat until I read your post and realized I already weigh what your worried about weighing at the end of your pregnancy, and i've only gained 13 lbs so far.
Aww I'm sorry for making you feel bad!