Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sort of TMI question

Ok, so let me preface this by saying - in case you couldn't tell from my belly shots and all - that I am WHITE. And not just Caucasian white, but the "so white I'm practically see-through and would get mistaken for a vampire if I went out after dark alone" kind of white. The "can still manage to get sunburned when wearing the strongest sunscreen I've been able to buy" kind of white. So you can easily see my veins and such. I also bruise easily, and will keep dark bruises for weeks - sometimes they will look much worse than they actually are -half the time I can't even tell you where they came from.

So about a month ago I noticed a "bruise" on my inner thigh...well really in that "fold" between your inner thigh and your outer labia, if that makes sense. I can see it when I stand naked in front of the mirror...it's purple and about the size of a quarter. It didn't hurt or anything - a lot of times I'll have bruises that don't - so I just assumed that I must have bumped myself on a box or something at work or crawling in and out of my van to buckle the kids and didn't think much of it. I don't really spend hours staring at myself in the mirror, so I sort of forgot about it.

Last night I realized that the same area was now hurting, so I went to go look. Still the same size and just as purple as before, but if you look closely at it it looks sort of raised and almost "veiny". I'm wondering if this could be varicose veins rather than a bruise? And either way, is something I should mention to my OB next visit or just leave it alone? Anything to do to make it go away?

Advertisement

And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Sort of TMI question

I have no experience with them, but it sounds like it could be varicose veins from what I've heard/read - they're common during pregnancy. I would mention them to your OB, but I don't think you can do anything about them, and they'll likely go away on their own after you deliver.

And I'm that white, too. I pretty much glow in the dark.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #3
mythik
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would mention it to the OB...granted the body is going through a lot right now and tons of pressure is being administered in strange places (lol) but I think if it's popping up or looking too off then talk to them about it...jmo.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
Incubus527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd probably ask too. When is your next appointment?
Old 08-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
tsavoie11
Registered Users
seller

Yep, it sounds just like the varicose vein that my BFF got while she was pregnant. (She's see through too!) Hers really started to bother her the later her pregnancy progressed to. I hope yours doesn't bother you too much but I think I would mention it at the next appt. just in case.

Mommy to 4 princesses and my new little man
tsavoie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #6
Angel89411
Banned

If it is in the crease, maybe your underwear is aggravating it and making it worse? Or maybe that will cause more pain from it later on? I got ant bites on the bottom of my butt cheek where my underwear sits and had to put a band-aide over them for a week or so to keep them from getting irritated and hurting. Just a suggestion if i is bothering you. But yeah, I am with others on the varicose veins but I would check with your OB just to be sure.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have an appointment on the 24th. Is there anything to do for varicose veins to keep them from getting worse? I've never had this problem before, I'd imagine the being on my feet for 6-8 hours a day at work is not helping them any.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote