Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:
I don't remember this from last time...

But I could have pregnesia.

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and well for the past two days things are changing. I hope it's not psychological and wishful thinking on my part but I swear I've gotten some painful Bh's here and there and extra (tmi) mucus.

I also have been getting extreme inner thigh (crotch) cramps pretty much non-stop. If I step or move just right I'm in agony. Now I remember those from DD1 but I swear it was much later like at the 40 week mark. (I went 42 weeks with her. )

Seems like every time I move, exert myself, bend over, walk etc I get painful tight BH's.

Could this be good news? Or am I just going crazy?

Advertisement

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:
Re: I don't remember this from last time...

I'm having the same problem and I'm wondering if it's the full moon playing tricks on me I'm pretty convinced I'll still be pregnant for a couple more weeks
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #3
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wouldn't it be wonderful though if we popped now? I'm so DONE being pregnant. LOL

Old 08-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

Um...YES!

I'm seriously over it. I am also really bored and I would be nesting but I can't really DO anything because I'm in extreme pain from my SPD. I wish I could clean more but I can really only do laundry- that's something at least! I'm SO sick of sitting around the house all day and I don't know what else to do Can't go shopping because all my money is going to the birth center!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I'm in the same boat! having several same symptoms, wondering if labour is drawing near.We are packing up this week and moving on Friday... ugh so no nesting here. I'll be 37 wks Tues.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow- the top of my stomach and back are getting sore now from all these BH's.

In fact I just had one so strong I felt like I was crushing my little girl! Geeze!

Old 08-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
mmmarmalade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Umm.... I had that I had bad BH contractions for about 2 weeks before DS2 came. Also LOTS of pressure *down there*. I went to my 36 week appointment and said I'd been feeling a lot of pressure, so they checked me (my midwives normally don't check your cervix unless there's a reason... like your'e in labor or should be...) and I was dilated to a 4+ They thought for sure they'd see me in the delivery room before the end of that week.

Not so. I made it to my 37 week and was dilated to a 5 and 100% effaced. I BEGGED the midwife just to break my water and let me have my baby. Once my water is broken I go straight into transition (went from a 4 to complete in less than 2 hours with DS1) and didn't want to risk giving birth in the car on the way to the hospital, and home birth just isn't for me. So she stripped my membranes and told me to meet her at the hospital in a couple of hours.

DH and I went for a walk at the mall, picked up my best friend who is also my doula, and dropped DS1 off at my brother's house and then went to the hossy. By the time I got there, I was dilated to a 6 (I'm pretty sure I would have gone into labor at the latest the next day anyway) MW broke my water and DS2 was born three hours later. It was seriously a dream birth.

The point of all this is that YES mama. Those could DEFINITELY be early labor symptoms, and I would definitely have your doc or midwife check you at your next appointment

Good luck mama!

Marmalade Baby
mmmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #8
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmarmalade View Post
Umm.... I had that I had bad BH contractions for about 2 weeks before DS2 came. Also LOTS of pressure *down there*. I went to my 36 week appointment and said I'd been feeling a lot of pressure, so they checked me (my midwives normally don't check your cervix unless there's a reason... like your'e in labor or should be...) and I was dilated to a 4+ They thought for sure they'd see me in the delivery room before the end of that week.

Not so. I made it to my 37 week and was dilated to a 5 and 100% effaced. I BEGGED the midwife just to break my water and let me have my baby. Once my water is broken I go straight into transition (went from a 4 to complete in less than 2 hours with DS1) and didn't want to risk giving birth in the car on the way to the hospital, and home birth just isn't for me. So she stripped my membranes and told me to meet her at the hospital in a couple of hours.

DH and I went for a walk at the mall, picked up my best friend who is also my doula, and dropped DS1 off at my brother's house and then went to the hossy. By the time I got there, I was dilated to a 6 (I'm pretty sure I would have gone into labor at the latest the next day anyway) MW broke my water and DS2 was born three hours later. It was seriously a dream birth.

The point of all this is that YES mama. Those could DEFINITELY be early labor symptoms, and I would definitely have your doc or midwife check you at your next appointment

Good luck mama!
That does sound like an amazing birth!!
Old 08-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That sounds great! My appointment is tomorrow. *crosses fingers*