Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:00 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Postpartum Joint Pain?

A friend of mine posted this on my FB moms group "On the off chance, has anyone heard of serious joint pain that has shown up after the birth of their baby? About 1 1/2 weeks ago I felt like I was hit by a freight train, and it isn't really subsiding. I've poked around on the web and found some posts about "post-partum pain," but no mention of how to take care of it. This seems to coincide w/my hormone levels returning to pre-pregnancy status with the shedding of huge amounts of hair. Thanks."

Anybody experience this? Any advice, Id love to help her out! THANKS!!

Gina, mom to Samara 4-29-07 and Nate 4-12-11
gbird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:57 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Postpartum Joint Pain?

I do remember my ankles and knees feeling kind of creaky and sore for the first couple of months postpartum. I had just turned 30 and chalked it up to getting old but was happily surprised when it went away. I wouldn't say it was terrible, though -- not like getting hit by a train, just sore and uncomfortable.
Kate, mama to three crazy boys! Owen (3/30/09) , Rory (8/18/11) and Brennan (8/3/14)
kateroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

YES!! It's common as your body returns to normal and your relastin (i believe) levels return to normal. I had awful pain in my hands and wrists. There isn't really anything that can be done other than the typical tylenol and rest. I did end up having to get a wrist brace becuase I couldn't lift my kids. She may want to see a chiro to get everything realigned before the joints set.
Meghan- WOHM-daycare/preschool Proud mama to Ella (9/08) and Henry (5/10)
Just2fornow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
Registered Users

I did with my 3rd and it was HORRIBLE! Unfortunately it lasted for weeks. I could barely get out of bed and felt like I'd been hit by a truck. It would take so long for me to get moving everytime I'd been sitting or lying down for awhile. It was miserable. I have no advice cause I never found anything that helped other than time.

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote