Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
designmommy14
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Feeding yourself while breastfeeding

Hey breastfeeding mamas,

First off, I want to say how absolutely awesome it is to have a place you can go when you think you can't make it through one more feeding (at 3 weeks pp, I thought I was going to die!). I also think that is is amazing how many of you work outside the home and keep right on pumping/breastfeeding, you are my heroes!

Ok, so now on to what I really wanted to post, while you are eating, and feeding your lo do you make a total mess? Because I sure do! I am wondering if there is a product that could be designed that might prevent food from falling on the poor unexpecting lo. I considered a "bib" type nursing cover where you could just put a plastic insert where the neck hole is so it would fall on the plastic rather than down onto lo. Any thoughts?

Advertisement

designmommy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeding yourself while breastfeeding

LOL I got ketchup on DS's face while he was nursing and I was eating a hotdog! Good thing poor DS was sleeping or I would have gotten it in his eye!! I've learned to turn sideways or eat at the angle opposite DS while he's nursing--ie if he's on my right boob, I turn left and use my left hand to feed myself. Some foods there's just no use, they produce a million and one crumbs and I have to brush of DS's clothes anyway.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
designmommy14
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yea, I do the side eating business, but I was in a restaurant sitting at a booth today, and boy did I make a mess! Taco salad + nursing cover... rice and lettuce and beans oh my! lol
Old 08-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've dropped spaghetti sauce down the side of ds face! And last night he got a drop of chocolate cheesecake on his head!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
PerfectFifth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Haha, so glad I'm not the only one! It also really annoys me when I eat something crumbly and all the crumbs end up inside my nursing tank. That is super annoying!

I'm thinking a nursing cover made out of raincoat material is what we all need.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #6
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Haha! Just last night I was at a family cookout and dropped a few crumbs of strawberry cake with icing on dd, it landed (and got stuck) in her little neck folds!!! She was sleeping and non the wiser! Mama's gotta eat too!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:32 PM   #7
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ive been dropping food on DS since he was an hour old lol. It just goes with the territory @
Old 08-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

hahaha!!! Earlier today I was lying on the couch and nursing dd while eating a quesadilla. When I took my first bite some slipped on my chest and her head I layed a towel down as a bib, though I think a WAHM could really sell me one!
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #9
designmommy14
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well I am certainly glad I'm not the only one to make a mess on my lo hehe so do most of you use a hooter hider type nursing cover in public? Because I'm thinking of a product that would work in tandem with the hooter hider. I could probably come up with something to use by itself, but I'm trying to come up with something that doesn't look rediculous! Lol
Old 08-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #10
Googly Bear
Registered Users
Formerly: Leighznich
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOL!!

I took baby out of my wrap tonight and realized I had rice all in it, smooshed on his clothes, stuck to his neck... ack it was everywhere!