Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yeast!?! Now what...

do I DO?
Pedi wrote us a script for nyastatin so I'm assuming we'll be using sposies til this clears up and I'm ordering some unscented CJ's butter for afterwards, when I put him back in cloth. In the meantime, though, do I need to do something special with his cds to make sure he doesn't get it again? I've already washed/stripped them and done a 2nd wash w/o anything in HOT water......... is that enough? This is the 1st yeast infection I've ever dealt with or at least it's the 1st one I've dealt with for a baby.

Advertisement

Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
wyatt09
B/T with caution

My Mood:
Re: Yeast!?! Now what...

I would wash again in hot water and use a little bleach with your detergent that kills everything! Then lay them in the sun on a hot day..

hth!
Started off with 1 and we call her "sum",next was baby number two...I was buying "blue",baby number three I was "seeing more pink" and by this Christmas 2013.. a NEW gift for me! We are a Breast-feeding,baby wearing,cloth diapering,mama clothing,circ'ing,vaxing kinda family!
wyatt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used a little bleach when I washed them and ran a HOT wash without anything afterward just to make sure nothing lingered. It's supposed to rain for the next several days, though. I line dried them in my laundry room with a fan on a sock-rack, then tossed them in the dryer for 5-10 minutes to make sure they were completely dry. I may repeat this process, though, when better weather comes before putting them back on ds.

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 09-03-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
plumpkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

bleach, tto, gse, hydrogen peroxide, oxygen cleaners and hot water will all get rid of yeast rash in cds according to pinstripesandpolkadot web site.

http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/YeastvsCloth.htm
Old 09-03-2011, 06:03 AM   #5
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumpkin View Post
bleach, tto, gse, hydrogen peroxide, oxygen cleaners and hot water will all get rid of yeast rash in cds according to pinstripesandpolkadot web site.

http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/YeastvsCloth.htm
Thanks! Guess I didnt need that little bit of bleach, afterall. I have Sun Oxygen in my detergent already so it looks like our cds are ready to use as soon as lo's behind clears up. I thought poor hubby was going to cry when I told him "sposies only" til this is over...... sposies = $$$$. I know we could probably make some sort of liners but as much as ds moves, I don't want to risk ruining our diapers if they bunch up and the creams and meds get on the inner material.