Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
abh413
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question What would you do?

"Please use only disposable diapers..."

I'm attending MOPS again this year... same group/leaders but at a different church. I just received the email giving the details for the meetings. As far as I know, I'm the only F/T CD mama. I know of one other that CDs but she uses sposies quite a bit too. Last year I only used BG (aplix) on those days... super simple. The other CD mama uses BG too but I'm not even sure she used CD at the meeting. Here's the excerpt from the email...

"...Please use only disposable diapers while at MOPS. Because of the prevalence of viruses and the need to eliminate handling of diapers by workers, disposable diapers are a necessity.
Bring a sufficient number of diapers and a change of clothes if your child might need them..."

I don't really get the point... Are they trying to say that CD is dirtier than sposies?? Last time, I didn't even have them dumping poo... I handled all of that. The only difference was instead of throwing the diaper away, they gave it back to me.

I guess buying some sposies for the 2 hours twice/month isn't that expensive but I find it annoying. All of my DD's clothes are fitted to CDs... I'm not even sure if her clothes will fit without them. Not to mention, I really don't trust sposies to keep poo in all the time. I'm due in Oct with my 2nd child so that would mean 2 different size sposies at some point.

Am I making too big of a deal of this? What would you do? I feel kind of "picked on" but I am preggo & hormonal, so...

Advertisement

abh413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
happymama&wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What would you do?

Ugh I am sorry. No advice just sympathy. I quit going to MOPS here because it was run so poorly. It sounds like they know nothing about cloth diapering and just don't want to deal with it. Maybe offer to be paged for diaper changes. Cloth diapers don't spread viruses for crying out loud.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you are the only CDing mama then I totally get how you would feel picked on! If it were me I would probably get offended and just not go, but that's not really the right answer. I'm not really familiar with MOPS' setup, I guess I thought it was more of just a playgroup and didn't realize it had like a nursery with other people changing the kids' dipes. Maybe you can just go in and change the diaper yourself when the need arises, so the workers aren't exposed to your virus-ridden diapers (hey I just thought of a premise for a new zombie movie!) Seriously, how is a cloth diaper or two in a zipped up wetbag dirtier than a trash can full of dirty disposables?
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
mmm0302
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd be irritated for sure, but I really don't think it's worth making a big deal out of for 4 hours a month.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
tess1026
Registered Users

I would be upset. I WAS upset. I decided to tell the nursery workers not to change my DS. I changed when we got there, told them to page me if a change was necessary. Effectively eliminating them "handling" any type of diaper. Stand your ground, just because "someone" is uncomfortable with cd'ing doesn't mean you have to give into their rationale. It's ridiculous!

Vickie
tess1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
mfergy0625
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tess1026 View Post
I would be upset. I WAS upset. I decided to tell the nursery workers not to change my DS. I changed when we got there, told them to page me if a change was necessary. Effectively eliminating them "handling" any type of diaper. Stand your ground, just because "someone" is uncomfortable with cd'ing doesn't mean you have to give into their rationale. It's ridiculous!

Vickie
I second this! I tell our church nurseryworkers just to come get me if either of my DSs need changed and I will do it. I refuse to buy sposies just for a couple hours a week.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
Yellow Jewel
Registered Users
seller

If you're fine with buying sposies to meet their needs then do it, but it doesn't sound like you'd really want to do that. I don't blame you!
I wouldn't want to change my ways and I do as some others and change them when I get there and have them come get me when they need changed.
Its hard to be preggo and feel like you're being singled out at the same time. *HUGS*
Yellow Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #8
Levi_Elizabeth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am so sorry! I am sort of shocked by that "rule." I CD fulltime, both my boys are very allergic to sposies, and there is NO way I would use a disposable diaper! I guess if it were me I would decide if I wanted to contact whoever leads it and discuss it with them, something like, "I CD fulltime and we do not use disposable diapers at all, so if I really can't bring my CDs I can't come." Not in a rude or confrontational way, just matter of fact, and see what the response is. I can't imagine they would want you to not come due to CD! But if they did then for me I wouldn't want to go anyway.
This is just my 2 sense and I am not pregnant, maybe I am hormonal, LOL, but I find it very offensive!!!
Sending a hug your way!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #9
CarrieJ
Registered Users

I'd be offended too. I'd probably ask to be paged for diaper changes. Let them see how easy it is and show them that cd are not dirty! Goodness that's just so mean I think! What do they think? We're purposely putting dirty, virus-filled diapers on our children? Wow. Honestly, if it were me, and they continued to give me a hard time, I wouldn't go back.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #10
ekeith28
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My MOPS group is all right with cloth. I can tell they some times don't know what they're doing, but just do what they're comfortable with . . . and I've never been asked to bring disposable dipes.
I agree with the other moms about being paged for changes and seeing how that goes!

Get 150,000+ free online coupon codes, printable grocery coupons, restaurant coupons, cash back and more at ShopAtHome.com!
ekeith28 is offline   Reply With Quote