Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Frustrated fit on toddler

My son is in the wiggle, squirm, and crawl away stage. Trying to get a diaper snapped is very hard to do. Using a snappi is darn near impossible. He takes off velcro diapers. I'm becoming really frustrated. He hates being on his back for any length of time. I've tried putting the diaper on him while he is standing. I've tried distracting him with food or a toy. Nothing can stop him from wiggling. To make matters worse I am having fit and leak issues. I've used these diapers successfully since March. I have stripped them.

Problem 1: Wiggling causes insert in pocket diapers to shift so they then leak out the side where there is no insert.

Problem 2: When DS sits down diaper, no matter what kind, flattens allowing the sides to come away from the body and he promptly pees on the floor. When I tightened the waist on my Sunbabies, Grovia AI2, and Kawaii diapers so this wouldn't happen he got bruises on his hip area. So I raised the rise then tightened the waist. Diaper falls down and cycle repeats. I snap the rise back to medium and not snap the waist as tight to not cause bruises. The diaper falls down and cycle repeats. He has a round belly and no butt so it's like wearing pants when preggo.

I'm thinking AIO trainers are the only solution at this point, but I'm scared problem 2 will continue to happen. Anyone else had this problem too? My son is 20lbs and 29.5 inches long.

4ShoreRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Frustrated fit on toddler

I'd try a fitted. Sandy's are worth checking out, as you can pull them up and down.
Mama to Adam (8/2009) and awesome big brother Cody (2/1998)

DD Granny Smith, Caramel Apple, MM Circe, SBish interlock longies w/11"+ inseam
applebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Frustrated fit on toddler

I think Grovia AIOs can be pulled up and down too. Sandys are a good idea though
I'm Shannon, wifey to Mike, mama to Gabe (3/13/08), and I love to KNIT!
I get my diaper & mama supplies from Mom's Milk Boutique, and you can too. Is this your first order? Save $10 off your first order of $50 or more with discount code MMB10.
Want FREE FLUFF? Earn gift cards to Amazon with Swagbucks!
aLittleBouncingSoul is offline   Reply With Quote