Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
allisonrose
Registered Users
seller
seller

Was hoping to spend less than $50 on a bra

But it seems I need a 38F! I didn't think my boobs were that big. I went to Motherhood Maternity and the salesgirl measured me to be 38E(DD) or F. She picked up some 38E's and then realized she had no 38F so gave me a 40F as well. Two of the 38E's were definitely too small in the cup, one was almost okay. The 40F's band was too big but the cups seemed to fit okay. I came home to check on their website and only a few bras come in 38F. I've tried on 38DD at Target and they don't fit quite right. I found a 38E at Sears which also didn't fit right.

So I guess I'm stuck with online ordering. The last time I ordered a bra online (when my first son was nursing) it was an Anita, it was the wrong size the first time so I paid postage to exchange it for another size. The second one fit but when I wore it for a couple of hours, the band was very uncomfortable. I couldn't return it because I had washed and worn it.

Are there any decent, inexpensive bras for more endowed moms?

Advertisement

allisonrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Was hoping to spend less than $50 on a bra

I haven't found much... but the Anita 5035 (I think that's the #) is cheaper on Amazon than I've found it anywhere else--something like $38. It's better than nothing.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
allisonrose
Registered Users
seller
seller

That is the very bra that I ordered and then found uncomfortable!

But I did find this bra for $29 in black in my size: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20 I might order it for the heck of it!
Old 09-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Try 40DD or E instead of 38 F and check the fit. A 36 B, for example, actually has different size cups than a 38 B. It might fit ok and be easier to find. I have a hard time too at 36 DD but was able to find a motherhood maternity one at babies r us.
mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
Vie.en.Rose
Registered Users
Formerly: **le3*
seller
seller

If the band on the 40F was too big but the cups fit, you actually might be a 38G. Ordering online is so hit or miss... Good luck mama! I wish I could recommend a good but inexpensive bra, but I haven't found one yet.

Like Swagbucks? Give Gifthulk a try!
Vie.en.Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The only ones I every really like were the Goddess. But just bought regular bras at Lane Bryant -Jan and June they have their semi annual sale and its buy 2 get 2 free making the bras like $13 each.... and I'm going to convert them to nursing bras. Know it's a while yet for the sale but to keep in mind for the future- wayyyyy cheaper than big girl bras.com or anywhere else
Old 09-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #7
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

I have only bought from Lane bryant for years now. I'm a 38F or thereabouts, and I've never had a nursing bra. I just plop one out
But if motherhood considers E the cup right after D, then that is a DD at LB. And motherhood's F is probably actually a DDD. It is very misleading the way every brand chooses which letters to double, which letters to omit, etc.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Lucas
seller

My Mood:

There's a Mama on here that will convert a regular bra of yours into a nursing bra. It's MUCH cheaper than buying them. I am a bigger size and wasn't sure how long I could BF so I didn't want to dump a lot of money into bras. Here's is the link to her thread about it:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1070621

I had one done and she just did two more for me! Much cheaper!
Old 09-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
allisonrose
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dele33 View Post
If the band on the 40F was too big but the cups fit, you actually might be a 38G.
Ugh, I hadn't thought of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Try 40DD or E instead of 38 F and check the fit.
I tried on a 40DD(E) at Target but that didn't fit right either. 40 seems to be loose in the band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post
The only ones I every really like were the Goddess. But just bought regular bras at Lane Bryant -Jan and June they have their semi annual sale and its buy 2 get 2 free making the bras like $13 each....
I'll have to look into what sizes they have available but I really don't want to wait until Jan to get bras. Do they tend to have a wide range of sizes available in their stores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing1 & Thing2 View Post
But if motherhood considers E the cup right after D, then that is a DD at LB. And motherhood's F is probably actually a DDD. It is very misleading the way every brand chooses which letters to double, which letters to omit, etc.
Yes, F=DDD. Yes, it is annoying that various manufactorers use a different system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu&Ce'sMommy View Post
There's a Mama on here that will convert a regular bra of yours into a nursing bra. It's MUCH cheaper than buying them. I am a bigger size and wasn't sure how long I could BF so I didn't want to dump a lot of money into bras. Here's is the link to her thread about it:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1070621

I had one done and she just did two more for me! Much cheaper!
Thank you for the recommendation. I remember seeing a DIY tutorial in Craft Chat for converting your own bra but my sewing machine is packed away since we moved several months ago. I might decide to take that route.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #10
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

its not a nursing bra but this is the one i wear and i really like it. http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?...external|71387 i didnt even bother with nursing bras this time around since I found I generally just pull my boob out of the top anyway
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote