Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #11
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Was hoping to spend less than $50 on a bra

Lane Bryant does have large sizes but I would call and ask just in case. I got Cache bras and full price are something like $26 for size 42ddd. Still a ton cheaper than the nursing bras. Oh and if they run out of your size you can pay in store and they mail them directly to you no shipping charge I bought 8, they only had 6 in store and they mailed me 2 within a week

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #12
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonrose View Post
Thank you for the recommendation. I remember seeing a DIY tutorial in Craft Chat for converting your own bra but my sewing machine is packed away since we moved several months ago. I might decide to take that route.
I converted one of my own favorite bras to a nursing bra and it's really such small finicky work that I think it's easier to do by hand. At least, I did it by hand and it took about 1.5 hours and I was really happy with the results.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #13
allisonrose
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
I converted one of my own favorite bras to a nursing bra and it's really such small finicky work that I think it's easier to do by hand. At least, I did it by hand and it took about 1.5 hours and I was really happy with the results.
That's a really good point. I think I will cut the clips out of my Target bra that no longer fits, go to Lane Bryant and try to find a bra I can convert. I just have to wait until my hubby is available to watch our rambunctious toddler.
allisonrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #14
mamak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I order all my bras from birthandbaby.com they have a great selection and if you call they are super helpful. Other wise I would watch Zulily they have had some super cute nursing bras for under $50. I would also go to a bra store/boutique (if one is around). They are so helpful and get you fitted right quickly.