Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #11
cdwelton
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need help to fatten up baby.

Don't quote me on this-but I have heard that if YOU drink more milk that it it will make your milk more fatty so baby will gain faster.

That might be a myth though, but worth a try?

Advertisement

Old 09-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
Colleeny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You could try to hand express towards the end of your nursing session. I used to massage, and express the milk into babies mouth when it seemed they were almost done. This just helped baby to nurse a tad longer, and to completely empty at least one boob, while nursing. If needed, I would express the rest into a bottle or a mug by hand. I might only get an ounce or so, but it helps to keep production up and to completely empty the breasts after each feeding. Another trick is to nurse, empty the breast, then 15 minutes later, pump until you are dry, again. This allows another full let down, again, believe it or not, you can get another 1-2 ounces this way to help your up your production.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #13
Colleeny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Any thing high in omegs would be good. Avocados, fish, etc. nuts, seeds if tolerated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwelton View Post
Don't quote me on this-but I have heard that if YOU drink more milk that it it will make your milk more fatty so baby will gain faster.

That might be a myth though, but worth a try?