Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
libster
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
EBF poo problem

My dd is way gassier than usual lately and her normal poo schedule of once a day or once every other day is now down to twice a week. I don't think my diet has changed... Any advice? I know this can be normal, but she seems super uncomfy...

We do have a 4 mo well-baby appt this week, so I plan on asking the ped, but wondered if you ladies have any thoughts. Would increasing my fiber intake help her any?

TIA!

Advertisement

libster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: EBF poo problem

My LO started getting gassy and doing the same thing about the same age. I tried to eat better, and we did Mylicon as needed, and tummy rubs to help get the gas out, then she grew out of it. I don't know if fiber transfers through breastmilk? You can try cutting back on gas producing foods too.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Re: EBF poo problem

My baby has the same bday as yours.... he only poos every other/every third day. Today was going on his third day and TWICE today he let out a wailing I am in super pain why did you put me down cry. FINALLY he pooped and was fine and dandy for the rest of the day. Whenever he is gassy I just bicycle is legs/ rub his belly until he flexes his tummy muscles and tried to poot himself. Then I will push his legs up to his chest and he will poot 4 or 5 times... continue until he is no longer trying to do baby crunches to poot.... hope that helps...

also... I know some people say broccoli and asparagus don't make for gassy babies... but he is always in pain after i eat those... So I limit my portions to very small when I eat those dark greens.