Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-25-2011, 12:54 AM   #11
monkeysmom615
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: CDing on Oahu

I'm on Oahu too! I know happybabycompany.com ships free to Hawaii on orders over $35. They're a B&M store too back in my hometown and the owners are amazing!

Advertisement

CPST! AF Wife and Mama to a 6/15/08 Monkey who has an unhealthy fascination with the And a 7/26/11 toddler with a huge personality! I, personally, have a sick love of the icon. Swagbucks - Earning free $! My ISO/IHA
monkeysmom615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:08 AM   #12
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Diaperjunction.com also ships for free over $49 I believe.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #13
zenmamaski
Registered Users

My Mood:

Baby Awearness is very expensive. We're new to CDing (due in Jan) and are on a budget, so I'm trying to make my own pre-folds and covers. It is such a challenge so far! My sewing skills are very limited. I was looking to buy used in the area, but most of the diapers I've seen on Craigslist are still $9+. Yikes!

BTW, Baby Awearness is doing a cloth diapering class this Saturday. You can check their Facebook for more info.
zenmamaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #14
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

I grew up on Oahu and so plan to come home this summer with baby and wondering if the water there is soft. I know it tastes good to drink compared to everywhere else I've ever lived but not sure about washing cloth diapers with it. I'm trying to decide if we should bring our own CDs or just see if a local diaper service would be willing to do a short service with us while we're there. That would be easier but I'm also excited about sunbleaching any stains out since the Oregon sun isn't very strong, even in the summer.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #15
kikitree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My stash is Orange Diaper Co fitteds and that's shipped free to Hawaii and I knit my own covers.

Water here is moderate to hard. We filter it for cooking and drink bottled spring water.
kikitree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #16
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikitree
My stash is Orange Diaper Co fitteds and that's shipped free to Hawaii and I knit my own covers.

Water here is moderate to hard. We filter it for cooking and drink bottled spring water.
You drink bottled water there? Wow! I've lived in many different cities and have found the water back home to be superior in taste to everywhere else up here on the mainland that I've lived. Interesting. Maybe it's just what I grew up with so I'm used to it being my normal. The water on the base though sucked and tasted like crap. The school my mom taught at had base water with all the additives.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #17
zenmamaski
Registered Users

My Mood:

lucky ducky, I contacted Dolphin Diaper Service, and they seem to be reasonably priced, but they only offer prefolds and covers. The sun is great, except that it's the rainy season now! Every time I hang out clothes, I have to take them down 10 minutes later because of a 5 minute shower. lol!
zenmamaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #18
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I figure that I'd have to only use prefolds if I don't want to wash while I'm there. It may be easier than trying to work on figuring out how to wash our own with different water and a FL washer. I always feel bad when people tell me how excited they are to visit Hawaii during the winter. They're always so excited so I never know if I should clue them into the fact that it does rain in Hawaii at that time of year or just let them be excited but possibly get disappointed. I've settled on saying that they should pack a light raincoat (like that works in the torrential downpours! LOL!) to maybe get them to at least check the weather forecast.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #19
mahea5877
Registered Users

sorry all, been away for awhile. Started working part-time and baby is now on the move and she has been keeping me very very busy. Love hearing all you ladies love cloth diapering.
mahea5877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #20
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmamaski View Post
lucky ducky, I contacted Dolphin Diaper Service, and they seem to be reasonably priced, but they only offer prefolds and covers. The sun is great, except that it's the rainy season now! Every time I hang out clothes, I have to take them down 10 minutes later because of a 5 minute shower. lol!
The people who run dolphin diaper service are very nice but their prefolds are too thin and reek of bleach. I would never recommend them. Which is a shame because its such a nice idea. I've gotten free shipping from sew crafty baby, for mom and keiki, sweet angel diapers and a few others. I started a thread about this a year ago. I can go find and bump it for you.

I hate babyA and refused to shop there. In a pinch I have bought biosoakers from Little Sprouts in Kailua. It's funny, everyone I know cds. I guess its who you hang out with.