Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #11
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Those who don't find out gender

I bought or actually traded or paid very little for gender neutral newborn and 0-3 month stuff.......... LOTS of white and lots of yellows and greens and teals - all of which I like just fine!
THEN after Grace was born I got TONS of girly gifts for her because everyone was excited to know the gender and re-bought us some presents. LOL
I don't think it's that big of a deal the first 6 or so weeks WHAT color you dress them in unless it's for pictures or something........ So for this one I'll probably re-use our GN outfits that we used with Grace and buy boy stuff if it's a boy and reuse Grace's stuff if it's a girl

Even though they'll be born during different seasons, this is West Texas we're talking about - 60 or 70 in the winter isn't unheard of.LOL

Advertisement

Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:13 PM   #12
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I don't find out (cept for the last one, DH got his way) and we had some gender neutral stuff, but only for 0-3 months. My kids are born big and grow quickly, so they are out of the gn stuff very early on. After three girls, though, I have plenty of pink for every size!
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:24 PM   #13
Merolu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i get the basics in alot of white because I can always use some appliques, or a gender appropriate trim or tie dye to lean one way or the other once the baby arrives. honestly? i must be a weirdo mom, because I love primary colors on both sexes. not a fan of pink or pastels or lace.
Merolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:27 PM   #14
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

Tie dye is bright and very much GN!
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:33 PM   #15
Choose2bgr8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't mean to hijack, but what do you do at the ultra sound? Do you just ask them not to go to that area??? I am thinking about NOT finding out if we ever have another.
Choose2bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:24 PM   #16
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For our u/s they asked us if we wanted to know. we said no, so they didn't concentrate on that area. I was watching though and don't think I saw anything. Does this mean it's a girl?? Friends have told me that it takes a trained eye and them focusing on it to make a distinction.

BTW I love orange for both genders! it is a highly underrated color.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #17
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choose2bgr8
Don't mean to hijack, but what do you do at the ultra sound? Do you just ask them not to go to that area??? I am thinking about NOT finding out if we ever have another.
I'm seeing a midwife, and in my area, an ultrasound is not part of routine midwifery care. That being said, you can have one, and I did (for dh--it's a long story.) The tech asked if we knew the gender and we said no and didn't want to know. I know for my friend, they turned the screen away when they looked at that part, but at mine, I don't even think she checked. She never told us, "Don't look," or turned the screen away or anything like that.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #18
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

At my ultrasound I told the OB I was seeing at the time we didn't want to know.......... When we switched to midwives the next week, we got a copy of our medical documents and he didn't put it in there and it wasn't noted anywhere on any paperwork, so I don't think he even really checked.
Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:56 AM   #19
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

We didn't find out gender, I only had an ultrasound with the first one so it wasn't an issue. We bought a few things that were fun and bright (stripes, tie-dye, some unbleached organic cotton one-piece things (okay, those wern't bright, but they were SO soft and awesome!!). Then we went shopping once the kiddos were here! In all reality, i keep my babies naked most of the time when they are little anway, so we don't have a need for a tON of clothes, although we always end up with tons

For those who want lots of clothes ahead of time, though, Hanna Anderson has SO many stripes that are color-appropriate ofr both girls and boys and lots of fun!!!! (I'm big into stripes) Sears actually has some really cute bright gender-neutral stuff too.
jennyofthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:22 AM   #20
mamabug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are expecting #5 in Sept. We have not known with any of them. I did have a 22 wk u/s with this one and just told them that we didn't want to know. Then I had my midwife appt directly following and she looked at the charts and it didn't even say on there. So, if anyone knows it is the u/s tech. As far as clothes, this is my 5th, but I have always had GN newborn things, I like them and think they are cute. Mostly just sleepers and such. I did get rid of most of my baby things, not expecting #5 and have picked up more GN stuff at garage sales. Since it is #5, I doubt we will get many baby gifts this time around...but I will go and buy gender specific things after its born...but I probably wont need much for awhile. I think babies look so cute in greens, yellows, etc!
Loving wife to my best friend, Kevin, BFing, CDing, BWing, CSing, Non-vaxing, babyfood making, knitting, Christian SAHM to Randi 10/94 , Heaven 3/96 , Sheldon 7/98 , Peyton 5/00 and Little Kason born Sept 20, 2006!!
mamabug is offline   Reply With Quote