Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
Bella Catalina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
D/W stripping for dummies...

Can someone please explain how exactly to do this? I am a little clueless Is it safe for my entire stash - Bg's 1.0s and 2.0s, cpfs and MF inserts?

DS (circed) has an irritated tip and for the last couple of days I've noticed when I change his o/n dipe there is a little spot of blood tinged pus on the dipe. I don't want to take him to the pedi if I don't have to... so first I am going to strip my dipes.

I only wash with Dawn, usually a prewash on cold w/ baking soda and a vinegar rinse, then a warm wash/rinse with dawn followed by an extra rinse - sometimes two if I can still smell the dawn.

Please help!

Advertisement

Old 04-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #2
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: D/W stripping for dummies...

you can put some polysporin ointment on his wee wee to help... over course I don't think its good for the cds.
i'm not much of a help.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
sherrydeanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Turn off your heat-dry setting.
Cover your jetdry dispenser with saran wrap.
Get all your dipes wet and put the pockets on the top rack and inserts and cpfs on the bottom rack.
Turn it on and let it wash.

HTH
www.hyenacart.com/BetterBums Fridays at noon
sherrydeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #5
wimama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tried it.

Two loads. In the first one I was pretty conservative and mostly only put in inserts and a few Fuzzibunz, not any of our favorite dipes. I got tons of suds out of the inserts. The second I put in almost everything else except our BG 1.0 dipes and the load had not too many suds.

I would worry about putting the BG 1.0 in because the water in some dishwashers, the water can get really hot and that is supposed to be bad for them. I just waited until the Jetdry had run out and ran them through. I read you can cover the Jetdry dispenser with saranwrap. My husband just put more Jetdry in ours, our dishes get so spotty without it. So I may have to try that next time.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #6
Mommyof2boys
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimama View Post
I tried it.

Two loads. In the first one I was pretty conservative and mostly only put in inserts and a few Fuzzibunz, not any of our favorite dipes. I got tons of suds out of the inserts. The second I put in almost everything else except our BG 1.0 dipes and the load had not too many suds.

I would worry about putting the BG 1.0 in because the water in some dishwashers, the water can get really hot and that is supposed to be bad for them. I just waited until the Jetdry had run out and ran them through. I read you can cover the Jetdry dispenser with saranwrap. My husband just put more Jetdry in ours, our dishes get so spotty without it. So I may have to try that next time.
What if your Dishwasher is an automatic detergent dispenser? I put a whole bottle of liquid detergent in and it just tells me when it gets low...but it's never gotten totally empty cause I refill it quickly *don't want dirty dishes! LOL*
Mommyof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:00 PM   #7
Mrs. H
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is there a way to strip diapers without a dishwasher??
Mrs. H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:40 PM   #8
kterese
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. H View Post
Is there a way to strip diapers without a dishwasher??
You can just wash on hot in the washer without anything (detergent, vinegar). During the aggitation cycle, pause the washer and check for suds. If there are suds, let it finish and start another one. If there are no suds, just complete the current wash and you have stripped dipes.
kterese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:48 AM   #9
kaspears17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I keep hearing about diaper stripping, and I'm not sure if I need to do this. I run a hot wash/cold rinse soak cycles with 1 cup vinager and 1/2 cup baking soda then another soak and 2 rinses. We have very hard water so what should i use to soften it? Do i need to strip the washing machine, if yes, how do I do that? When I hang my AIOs up the internal soaker gets rock hard, I've tried to throw them in the drier for 10 minutes or so after wards, but that doesn't seem to help and I just end up rewashing and drying again. any suggestions??
Old 05-17-2007, 10:59 AM   #10
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I don't want to be an alarmist, but if there's any pus coming out of the tip you should just take him to the pedi. Infections there can cause scarring. If his circ. is still fresh, you should be wrapping the tip of his penis with a small piece of gauze and vasaline or aquaphor. It probably isn't his diapers, it just takes about 3 weeks for a circ. to fully heal (I have three boys)

OH, I see your ds is several mos older than mine, hmm. Okay, scratch that. If there's pus, definetly take him to the pedi. I'd try some fleece liners while you're stripping the dipes really well.

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 05-17-2007 at 11:02 AM.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote