Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
Grant'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Minimalist Beauty Routine

I've been using the same routine for a little bit now, I really enjoy how easy it is!

Wash body and hair with CA baby calendula (shh dont tell the baby I steal his soap!) It helps my psoriasis since it doesn't have sulfates
Wash my face with my Clarisonic brush and burt bees deep cleansing cream
deoderant-homemade
toothpaste-optic white =P not very green but damn my teeth are white!
lotion-coconut oil -use to tame flyaways also
hair goes up into a pony tail

the only makeup i own or use is Origins from my wedding day. Its 3 eyeshadows (shimmer pink, shimmer brown, dark brown) and I have mascara, brown eyeliner, blush, and a compact. Then I have the Sonia K double sided brushes from target. Everything zips into the white case they came with!

I carry a tiny clutch with all those products when i travel. Its very small and will fit in my purse if i needed it too!

Advertisement

Grant'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
burgler
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Minimalist Beauty Routine

I use baking soda for shampoo, a lemon from our tree for conditioner. I do this about once a week. I use bar soap for body and face.

Homemade deodorant for pits and coconut oil for rough patches on elbows, knees, and sometimes face if I need it.

I have some wedding make-up too. It mostly sits in a little box in my top drawer with undies and stuff unless I have a big meeting to go to or fancy occasion.

And then, I have a zillion old lotions and stuff that I haven't had the heart to throw away yet. I need to use them up, and have started with some face lotions. I will get there.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
Mrs. Logan
Registered Users

I have recently been de-cluttering my makeup, beauty items, etc. I LOVE beauty products (makeup in particular!), though so this (along with my wardrobe) have been my most difficult tasks to accomplish.

I did, however, minimize my makeup from a large shoe box size container to just:

foundation, powder, blush, one eyeliner, four eye shadows, one mascara, and chap stick....plus a few brushes. All fits in a tiny makeup bag under my bathroom sink.

I have a TON of different lotions, shower gels, etc. that I simply have in my shower to use up. Then, I will just have ONE of each item that I need....soap, lotion, face wash, etc. I am losing my "getting ready space" to the new baby room, therefore DH and I have to get ready in our teeeeny bathroom with just one small space for storage under the sink, and a medicine cabinet.

What do you have in your medicine cabinet, anyway? I have tried to purge that as well!! And how many towels, hand towels, and face cloths do you have?
Mrs. Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Grant'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

In my med cabinet downstairs we have all the tylenol, motrin, bandaids, benadryl, claratin..ect. in our upstairs bathroom all we have is hubs razor, shaving cream, two toothbrushes, and toothpaste and floss. I have the following items from above in there also. We own 6 towels (3 green 3 brown organic) two hand towels that we swap out and I have 2 washcloths for the shower, hubs uses a dove mens luffa scrubber.
Grant'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

I'm probably not the most minimalist in this area. My husband likes to have his own "manly" smelling shampoo and soap. LOL. Then I am gifted a lot. I do use what I'm gifted though so it's not going to waste. I have more perfumes than I really need right now (probably five??!) from my December birthday and then Christmas, plus two I already owned. I have a handful of soap stored down below, again either gifts or a scent bought on super sale. However, I wear very little makeup, have one nailpolish for my toes, only buy shampoo and conditioner when I'm running out, and rarely use deoderant (when I do its stolen from the hubs, lol). All of our beauty/hygeine stuff is under our vanity, which is a decent size but not super large. We have our everyday meds in a kitchen cabinet.
happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
LinnyLou02
Registered Users
seller

I used to be a beauty product junkie haha but I now have the following: 4 eyeshadows, 4 eyeliner (which I only use one-need to get rid of those) mascara, powder, Chapstick, 2 lip gloss, 2 lipsticks (also never use and need to get rid of). I downsized a huge box of nail polish to 4 colors and 2 neutrals. I guess now that I look at it I'm not that minimalist in the beauty dept but it is a vast improvement coming from someone who never used to let anyone see her w/o a full face of m/u!

I use oils to wash my face/moisturize, coconut oil for deodorant, acv as toner, dr Bronners for baby and me, and I do have dessert essence shamp/cond which will last me well over a year since I wash 1/wk

Our medicine cabinet only has: bf shave cream, his 2 hair products, bandages, samples of bio freeze, 2 eos, honey, rhassoul clay and my glasses. We don't take/use any medicines really.
LinnyLou02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:00 AM   #7
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use OCM to wash my face every 2-3 days with a little grape seed oil if I dry out in between

No 'poo my hair about once a week (I wear my hair up all the time, usually a bun... I blame 26 years of dance

I use Dr Kens toothpaste, but will be trying homemade when we run out...

And lip balm... I have yes to carrots, eos, a local carrot one (can't remember what it's called) and home made. I like all of them but will work my way to exclusively home made as I run out (I have them stashed everywhere- diaper bag, nightstand, etc)

That's basically it... if I'm feeling the need to dress up I have a shimmery beige organic eyeshadow and an eyelash curler

Oh, and my arm pits get shaved like every other/every third day and my legs about once a month, lol!
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:20 AM   #8
carlaross
Registered Users
seller

I am very simple and minimal in this area.

Hair: shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioning spray, comb, hair tie.

Face: wash with a wet washcloth, baby lotion for moisturizer, chapstick. I don't wear makeup.

Body: bar soap in all the places that need it, body lotion all over, deodorant.

Teeth - toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and I will use DHs mouthwash sometimes.

That's it for me. My bathroom drawers are very minimal.

ETA: I do have, but don't use on a regular basis : nail polish (only a couple ), large round hairbrush, hair dryer, and a flat iron.

Last edited by carlaross; 01-07-2012 at 04:22 AM.
carlaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Right now I use baking soda on my face and occasionally steal dh's moisturizer. I am preggo, tho, and skin is going nuts. Want to try OCM. I have makeup that needs to be decluttered- just feeling guilty as I spent money on it last summer. (A couple things I've developed an allergy to.)

We have a big bottle of unscented organic body lotion the whole family uses.

Dh and I use baking soda for deodorant ( I use rubbing alcohol sometimes, too, as the bs sometimes gives me a rash.)

We have a couple different toothpastes we're trying to use up.

We all no-poo our hair. Works GREAT for everyone except me... since pregnancy my hair is kinda oily even with the baking soda, so not sure what I'll do. I havea blow-dryer, curling iron (more for dd), a straightener, and a too-large assortment of hair bands, ties, etc.

I have a decent amount of jewelry all crammed into a small box which doesn't work. I need a good cheap way to organize my jewelry. I have tons of earrings b/c dh like them on me.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just want to add, we used to have a teeny tiny bathroom with no storage! Everything above fit fine and our meds were in a kitchen cabinet, with the homeopathics in a tiny cabinet in the half bath.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote