Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #11
SeeOurtney
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nesting??

I'm nesting too...but have no energy (or breath) to do much...so I get to do one task per day. Today was washing and sanitizing all baby's bottles. Yesterday was loading up and organizing the change table/diaper stash. Tomorrow will be re-organizing the pantry to make room for all our baby stuff. I'm also packing the hospital bag a little more each day. Oh, yesterday I also did as much shopping for baby things we still need as I could get in before feeling like I was going to faint. So our list of things we need for her is down to 4 items I think.. DH has been good about helping me with the cleaning, so I haven't done much there...lol the kitchen is really the only room I have to worry about cleaning, and i've been doing a "clean as I go" type thing in there.

Even though I'm still 3.5 weeks from my due date, I've been panicking about getting stuff done, feeling like she could come any day...any moment even lol. Such fun!

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
*Kate*
Registered Users

The urge is in my brain, but my body won't allow me to do anything. My joints suck.
*Kate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #13
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

the energy comes and goes, but all of a sudden last week I switched from wanting to do business stuff, to wishing all my custom orders were out, and I had all my supplies so I can craft for Lucy 24/7. I just want to tick things off the list.
Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #14
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I think I'm nesting ongest here. I did garage sale in fall & lots of cleaning around since here and there. Trrying to get ready for baby boy... maybe since boy after 2 girls....
Old 01-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #15
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oooh, the nesting! I'm pretty much laid up on the couch with my hip problems, so I can't actually get anything much done, except in spurts when I happen to feel "good". So I've been making LISTS of things that need done, hospital packing list, etc etc.

I'm really bothered by the fact that I didn't get ANY of the sewing done that I wanted to do for the baby. I HAVE to make another pail liner and 2 hanging wetbags, but I also wanted to make more diapers, a mock K'tan, a car seat bonnet, and a bunch of other things. I even bought all the flannel to make a rag quilt and matching sheets/pillowcase/etc, and that's sure not happened. I have probably 6 weeks left, and can barely do anything, so I know it won't be happening either.

Like a PP, I'm just taking the one-thing-a-day approach. That way my good days and my bad days can sort of balance each other, and I don't feel too bad about the worse days.

Last edited by The Fancy Pansy; 01-03-2013 at 09:08 AM.
The Fancy Pansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #16
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Necro post!

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #17
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, the month and DDC were correct...
Old 01-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #18
littlemouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been nesting since our oldest dog passed away last month! It has gotten really bad since my friends baby shower.
littlemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #19
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

I think these old threads keep coming up cause we have a boring ddc. Lol.

Anyways...nesting. After Christmas my husband had only worked 4 days since so we got all my son's new furniture finished and put in his room and all the nursery furniture is now in the guest/baby room. I am doing some sewing because I don't have much in the way of clothes. But I don't feel like I need too much. We are pretty boring people and will mostly be at home for a while. Plus it's fun to see stuff. I am new so I totally messed up 6 pairs of leggings by making them with the stretch in the wrong direction :/

We are working on getting the baby stuff put up around the house and we still have a few things on our "like to buy" list to get.

Ey! It's getting so close
Old 01-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #20
Blueberry32
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy
I think these old threads keep coming up cause we have a boring ddc. Lol.
Our Facebook page is very active though.
Blueberry32 is offline   Reply With Quote