Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2012, 06:04 AM   #21
olstep
Registered Users
Formerly: MyVeryBest
seller

Re: My Very Best cloth diapers with gussets: Fitteds and AIO/AI2/Pockets

Why I love DS is that I always learn something new. One person just can't keep up with all those diapers available on the market.

I googled Simplex diapers. It is basically a Pocket with sewn in insert and a detached doubler/ booster. If you want your AIO made this way, it would be even easier for me than what I do.

For AIO I have a layer of absorbent fabric between the outer and the inner PLUS a long "snake"-style insert folded in half and sewn to the inner.

Ask as many questions as you like. I'd rather you do it now to make sure it is what you want.

Advertisement

olstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #22
Sidswife
Registered Users

My Mood:

What would the price be 2 make the owl and elephant AI1? I don't have any of those and am curious if I would like those best. Do you have any superman dipes?
Sidswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #23
QueenBee2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love your elephant print! Can I get it in an ai2? Do you have other star wars prints? Do you have anything that would remind my DH of his home costa rica?
QueenBee2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #24
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

Your diapers look very well made! Added some to my etsy favorites for when it's diaper shopping time!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #25
olstep
Registered Users
seller

Thank you. Sounds like a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee2three View Post
I love your elephant print! Can I get it in an ai2? Do you have other star wars prints? Do you have anything that would remind my DH of his home costa rica?
Yes, I can make Elephant AI2. I think, I have three prints: Safary, Elephant Walk and Elephants Love

I do not have star war prints. But it is not a problem to find one for you if you really want. Applique is another option.
I do not know what actually remind your DH about his home but we can brainstorm and make something that he likes. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidswife View Post
What would the price be 2 make the owl and elephant AI1? I don't have any of those and am curious if I would like those best. Do you have any superman dipes?
Do you want full body prints for the Owls and Elephant Walk or embellished tabs only. Or tabs and waist?

No Superman diapers. Yet. But if you order, I'll make one. Would you like an applique or a scrappy with supperman colors. Or both: scrappy diaper with an applique?
Old 01-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #26
Sidswife
Registered Users

My Mood:

Umm I'm thinking tabs and waist, and for the super man scrappy with applique. My little man is close to 20lbs. He will be 6 months on Feb 8th and I would like for these to carry him through potty training. Do you need exact measurements for him or is that good enough? Also I'm going to go to etsy and see if there is anything else that I want to add to the order.

Oh and hubby would like a crimson tide dipe. I'm thinking all burgundy with the app. Let me know prices for these so that I can go ahead and pay. it looks like you are going to be a busy mama and I'm in need

Which is cheaper tabs and waist or full print?

Last edited by Sidswife; 01-15-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #27
olstep
Registered Users
seller

Tabs are 50cents cheaper than waist. Waist is a dollar cheaper than full body print.

I do not need exact measurements for a diaper. Only for a trainer. Unless there is something specific where you have problems to get the right fit.

Will pm about the rest.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #28
Sidswife
Registered Users

My Mood:

no not having any problems as of yet.
I would like the tabs and waist, AIO, gussets, snaps. can I send you some $ to get started on the elephant while i wait on more info about the superman and alabama? I may still throw in the owl depending on price im at now. Thanks, so excited your dipes are beautiful.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #29
mommacissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Could you make a sized (probably large) side-snapping AI2 with gussets and an insert that snaps in?

Also, do you have a customs or waiting list right now? I would definitely like to order but I won't have the funds to for about another two weeks. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:30 AM   #30
olstep
Registered Users
seller

I've been meaning to alter the side snapping pattern for inner gussets. I guess it is time.

I do not have a "waiting list" per se. It is more a "to do" list.
Normally, once I get a payment, I just tell est shipping date. Currently I am booked till the second week of February.
If you like, I can put you on my "to do" list but I can't start till the payment received.

I am curious, how do you like side snapping diapers. Do you find that they work for boys as well as front snapping diapers?