Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #4001
Glassgal
Registered Users

Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Well, we don't have AC. We play with water and sit in front of fans. Don't use the lights unless you have to. Make some ice toys. Lol I do it for the dogs with treats but you could freeze some fruit in water with a popcicle stick. Or fruit juice pops cut with water.

Hi Sarah! Glad your back. It's a good thing you had so many plants!!! Otherwise you might have lost everything. We love camping but don't really get out of town. Hey, do you Remember the story about the disabled man who's dog was taken because it was a pit bull? He won! He gets to keep his dog and the city can't touch them.

Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #4002
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

I do remember that story! Poor fella. I'm just soooo glad he won! What idiots to have even thought to take the dog.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:23 AM   #4003
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

HI everyone - we just got back from Seattle. Saw Thomas the Train and went and had lunch on the Space Needle. It was a great weekend with a few minor bumps. My poor puppies though - we tried a kennel near our new place. We normally use a sitter but couldn't find anyone since we moved and won't hire random strangers. The kennel was a MAJOR bust. They tried to charge me $15 more then agreed when I went to pick up because they said they changed the prices after I dropped off!!! Then our dogs were really dusty so I gave them a bath and noticed that one has raw elbows and the other has two nasty cuts on her face. (Not bites but maybe from the chain link???) My poor babies are total house dogs - they have been sleeping ALL night. The bigger one buried herself in the cushions on the couch - dug in deep with cushions on top and fell asleep hidden - she has never done that before. Needless to say 1) I will be calling the owner tomorrow to find out what the heck happened to her face and if they treated it and 2) we will NEVER go back there.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #4004
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
HI everyone - we just got back from Seattle. Saw Thomas the Train and went and had lunch on the Space Needle. It was a great weekend with a few minor bumps. My poor puppies though - we tried a kennel near our new place. We normally use a sitter but couldn't find anyone since we moved and won't hire random strangers. The kennel was a MAJOR bust. They tried to charge me $15 more then agreed when I went to pick up because they said they changed the prices after I dropped off!!! Then our dogs were really dusty so I gave them a bath and noticed that one has raw elbows and the other has two nasty cuts on her face. (Not bites but maybe from the chain link???) My poor babies are total house dogs - they have been sleeping ALL night. The bigger one buried herself in the cushions on the couch - dug in deep with cushions on top and fell asleep hidden - she has never done that before. Needless to say 1) I will be calling the owner tomorrow to find out what the heck happened to her face and if they treated it and 2) we will NEVER go back there.
I'm sosososo sorry hun! It sounds like the elbow thing is from being confined to a small size concrete bottom pen. They will get those raw or callioused elbows. Poor babies! I'm be so upset. I hope you get a good explination with the owner.

Glad you had a good time though. Great summer memories.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 07-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #4005
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Thanks Sarah - the doggies are doing great. They slept a LOT this morning but by afternoon were back to their regular selves. Maddy's face looks like it is going to be ok. I called the kennel and they didn't know what happened but she said "well they were playing hard." I call BS - my dogs are NOT playful. The most they will ever do is play fetch. The little one doesn't even do that she just takes the ball and eats it. They like each other but never play together - ever. We had an interesting day though - I had not one but TWO stray dogs end up in my pasture today. The smaller one had a tag so we called the owner. When the owner arrived I said I had both his dogs ... well he doesn't have two! The big black lab hung out at our house for about three hours, went in the kiddy pool, got into our garage through the doggy door and hung out on the deck. Then it climbed our cow fence and took off again before I could call it back. I sure hope it made it home - I had ads on CL and FB and called the shelter. I was going to let it stay until we could find it's owners but it had other ideas.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:15 AM   #4006
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yea, sounds like she had no clue. I'm just glad they are back to themselves.

The black dog sounds like it would have been a great family dog. I bet someone is looking for him. Hopefully they found the guy! You are a great person. We get so terribly many strays here that I have to shoo them on. They all seem to come in for the chickens. Animal controll told us to put us an electric fence around the bottom of our new fence. Lordy, that would be some $$$ there. Not happening. We're saveing up for a GP for outside. Then the gate will stay closed. We are also constantly inspecting the bottom of the fence for spots that need filling in. I think many of these dogs are comeing under at the back of the property. I really would love to keep them all. I just can't chance the chickens and we sure can't feed all those mouths. I'd love to open a shelter, really. The problem is nobody is adopting here because of the recession. People are just giveing away their horses. Sad.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #4007
Glassgal
Registered Users

Welcome back, glad you had a great trip. I'd be furious about the dogs!! It sounds like they were kenneled the whole time since injuries are standard in dogs that are not allowed out of their kennels. Can you file an official complaint? Get your money back? Take pictures of the injuries and take them to the vet, lord knows what else happened to them. Did they lose any weight? Any sores on their sides, hair loss? Document everything, they should not get away with treating any animal like this.

I have an update on the guy who will not pay. Our lawyer sent him a demand letter via certified mail. His lawyer called them claiming he never got it. The front desk of his building signed for it but if he didn't get it why did his lawyers call? Well they asked for a copy of everything sent straight to them. I assume the demand date has been pushed back a week. Hopefully his lawyers will see all the documentation and tell him to write the dang check already and we will get it before the end of next week. Otherwise he is in for a world of hurt. There was insane list of things that will be sued for if we need to go to court. He is going to find out the hard way that we are not to be trifled with.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #4008
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
seller
seller

My Mood:

Goodness, forgot I posted in here a while back.

Everyone already has a background on each other. I guess I could say that my five year old was officially diagnosed with Asperger's today and I CAN NOT WAIT until the kids fall asleep tonight. The heat is making me an angry Mama!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:39 AM   #4009
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kris-I'm so glad to hear the ball is on the move with this jerk. Hang in there sweetie!
I have faith you'll come out on top!

Lana-Hi there. I'm sorry to hear about your little one. But on the other hand, I know it gives some relief to finally get real answers.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #4010
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Kris - Doggies are doing well. AND It has me thinking - we have a kennel here on the farm. I am thinking about opening it up to neighbours going on vacation it is SO much nicer then the local kennel. I certainly won't be using them again but it doesn't seem like there are any long term issues from leaving the dogs. I hate leaving them anyway so I feel awful - I cried when I dropped them off but I thought they were safe if not happy - turns out they weren't safe either.

AND - I sure hope he pays up asap enough is enough huh! I for one wouldn't like to see you angry! Kick his butt! - lol

Sarah - I love the new avi!

Lana - I sent you a PM. Our son has ASD - pdd-nos and his diagnosis changed our entire world. I hope having answers leads to lot of happiness for your family.

AND - Cale (pdd-nos) met another boy who is also very mildly on the spectrum yesterday. Their teams got the kids together since we live close and both boys want to make friends. Cale has never met anyone else who is mildly ASD like him. Well OMGoodness our little Cale has connected with someone!!!! The boys had a BLAST and have so many similar things that are maybe a little bit different then other kids their ages that they just totally hit it off. They spent like 30 minutes break dancing togther - lol. Cale usually can only play with other kids for like 30 minutes before he looses interest because he doesn't play like they do -- WELL they had a THREE HOUR non-stop playing fest! Needless to say the next get together is already planned

Last edited by mg5g; 07-21-2012 at 11:29 AM.