Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
The Green Avacado
Registered Users
Formerly:MindingOurOwnBeeswax
seller

My Mood:
Post Any interest in WAHDVF custom ultrasound photo maternity t-shirts (testers!)

Hi Mamas!

So I am (in all due honesty) posting this thread for my WAHDVF. and by WAHDVF I mean work at home disabled veteran father

THE BACK STORY:
After my son passing away (my dads first grandchild) and my dad no longer being able to work he decided to enter the WAHDVF waters! Do those exist or am I just making that up hehe! Anyway, my dad used to make iron on transfer shirts with my sons pictures on it and would put things like "Grampa's buddy' on them and just iron them onto an old shirt and wear them so proudly! After so many people liking this amateur attempt at making t-shirts and people saying 'you have a knack for that you should really do it for a business' he decided to invest everything he had into an at home business. He has been making this t-shirts for almost a year and is now ready to show people what he can do and see if there is any real interest besides just making them for friends and family. Being that he is inherintly a... MAN... he doesn't know how to approach pregnant women ( ya know, we bite and all lol) or where to even FIND pregnant women . He has done a few different style shirts for friends and family and created them as they requested. Since they are all made to order he sends you photos of the graphic and if you want it tweaked or completely done differently he does that for you (what a good daddy!). He had an Etsy store and had a lot of people 'favoriting' his stuff and sending him comments that they liked but not too many actual sales. So he got discouraged and closed his account . He would totally take some testers if anyone likes what they see . Ladies he makes HUNDREDS of these and they are all over his house.. and I hate to know that noone will wear them, so if we could get some testers to actually enjoy them that would be so awesome!

THE IDEA:
He has invested in a professional DTG printer (direct to garment). What this is for those who are unaware is a printer (much like the one in your house just A LOT bigger and complicated lol) that will print the image(s) onto the t-shirt directly. So there is no 'feel' to the picture (we all know the plasticy 'feel' I am refering to from iron on transfers and those shirts you get that after 2 washes are all crackly and melted). You can wash and wash these bad boys and the image(s) look the same; and better yet the ink is dyed into the shirt so you can't feel it. Washer and Dryer safe! He is printing on womens maternity shirts (l-sleeve, s-sleeve, tanks etc) at the moment (though he does different projects as well ). His idea is to print your childs sonogram picture onto the belly of the shirt with any additional graphics of your choice. He makes them as you request them, so no two are ever alike. He doesn't use the 'paint' program on your computer; rather the professional stylus and photo editor system. He can add and subract anything that you want and scew the picture to your hearts content.

I apologize for this post being so long, I guess I was in a story telling mood? we appreciate any and all feedback that you have for us! Questions, comments concerns?

THANKS MAMAS

Advertisement

WAHM behind The Green Avacado Custom Printed Shirts from Newborn - 5XL
Find My Custom Printed Shirts: DS Thread Or Etsy or Facebook
Save 10% on Etsy with coupon code: DSMAMA10

Last edited by The Green Avacado; 01-27-2012 at 01:55 PM.
The Green Avacado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
Mommy of 2girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Those are very cute If I was expecting I would buy one!!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #3
IslandMama10
Registered Users

Re: Any interest in WAHDVF custom ultrasound photo maternity t-shirts (testers!)

These are cute!
IslandMama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:16 AM   #4
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Those are cute! It is a great idea!
What is his Etsy store name?
firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:41 AM   #5
The Green Avacado
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks ladies! I will have to ask him what his etsy shop name is, he disabled it so he will have to just reinstate it real quick to make everything viewable I believe. I will have to ask him later this afternoon and I can report back! I am really glad you ladies like them

Old 01-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #6
MrsD
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Those look cool! I may be interested!

Sent from my DROIDX that thinks it's smarter than me using DS Forum. Please excuse any typos!
SAHM to Xander (8/1/12) & expecting #2 in February!
MrsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #7
The Green Avacado
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD
Those look cool! I may be interested!

Sent from my DROIDX that thinks it's smarter than me using DS Forum. Please excuse any typos!
Awesome! Let me know if you are through a pm and I can give you his email address and you can feel free to email with him and ask any and all questions that you would like he reinstated his etsy account and the shop name is " mommy and me tees".

Old 02-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any interest in WAHDVF custom ultrasound photo maternity t-shirts (testers!)

If I was expecting I would totally buy one! If he would be interested in making a shirt with my business image and stuff on it for me I would be interested - I'm all about supporting our WADVF and just veteran's in general

Last edited by MeCo7707; 02-22-2012 at 01:11 PM.
MeCo7707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #9
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Maybe he could print up some brochures and leave them at a few local OB offices. (my dd's neurologist let a wahm leave brochures for toddler/children's medical ID bracelets-they don't look like medical bracelets so other kids won't tease them). Also maybe talk with whoever coordinates the birth classes at the local hospital? ( My birth class gave out info given by companies.)
Etsy can slow but tell him not to be discouraged. You kinda have to self-promote to make an etsy store have good sales.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #10
Swartz002
Registered Users

Does he still have his shop? I looked on Etsy and couldn't find it.
Swartz002 is offline   Reply With Quote