Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #11
BabyH1
Registered Users
seller

Re: Any interest in WAHDVF custom ultrasound photo maternity t-shirts (testers!)

Love them! Wish I was expecting! I pinned one on pinterest that is printed on a black shirt planning to get one somewhere next time I get pregnant. (can't post a link because I'm new...grrr...) You think he could do that? I'm not pregnant now, but I'll save his info for next time if he could do this. Would it work with it being on a black shirt?

Advertisement

BabyH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #12
The Green Avacado
Registered Users
Formerly:MindingOurOwnBeeswax
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any interest in WAHDVF custom ultrasound photo maternity t-shirts (testers!)

Sorry ladies I didn't see these posts! I have redirected focus as I have taken full control of the Etsy shop and am not doing maternity as much anymore. Due to the demand being for childrens clothes and post/pre maternity. I still have maternity shirts in stock and definitely do not mind doing them again for those who are interested. I would have to work up a price point that is relevant and current. These shirts would look best on light colored shirts because ultrasounds are in black and white.

My store name is: The Green Avacado. I can be found on Etsy at greenavacado.etsy.com . My facebook, DS thread and etsy can also be found in my signature!

Thanks!

WAHM behind The Green Avacado Custom Printed Shirts from Newborn - 5XL
Find My Custom Printed Shirts: DS Thread Or Etsy or Facebook
Save 10% on Etsy with coupon code: DSMAMA10
The Green Avacado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #13
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

I personally find the graphics a little too cutsie, but would maybe look at one of just the photo on a black shirt. I think those printers have white ink...

Last edited by TrennaII; 10-10-2012 at 05:55 PM.
TrennaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #14
The Green Avacado
Registered Users
Formerly:MindingOurOwnBeeswax
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII View Post
I personally find the graphics a little too cutsie, but would maybe look at one of just the photo on a black shirt. I think those printers have white ink...

The graphics are not current, as this thread was suppose to be deleted a few months back, but for some reason never was and then was found by a mama and re-bumped back to the top
DTG printers don't *typically* print what we call 'one off' shirts on black simply because white ink and the printing process is very expensive for one personalized shirt. The black shirt itself is more money than a white shirt, then to print with white ink you must first flush the system then install the white cartridge then print the shirt twice, then flush all the ink out (into the trash) again to get all the white one, and remove the cartridge. (that is a very rough explanation in order to not bore anyone to death). All in all the ink lost is in the neighborhood of $5-8 plus the shirt is about $3 more than a white shirt plus the labor. So for one shirt it is not worth the PPL (Price Per Labor). The shirt would cost the consumer significantly more than a white shirt (and noone likes that!). Unless of course, this is a HUGE DTG company who is doing thousands of shirts a week and is constantly printing white on black, in which case, they will do it.
Now, a screenprinter may print it, simply because screening white ink is much easier. But you will probably have to pay a 'screen fee' in order for them to make you a custom screen just for your order.

I know that is a whole bunch of yatta yatta but to explain why white on black (for custom 'one off' orders) is either so expensive or not ever offered.

WAHM behind The Green Avacado Custom Printed Shirts from Newborn - 5XL
Find My Custom Printed Shirts: DS Thread Or Etsy or Facebook
Save 10% on Etsy with coupon code: DSMAMA10
The Green Avacado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #15
tjs77tsa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wish I would have known abut these when I was pregnant.
tjs77tsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #16
sandra81
Registered Users
seller

Mama I would also like to mention that he check out hyenacart and maybe do a fb page. I think his ideas are totally amazing and I am interested in ordering a shirt! Also it may be worth his wild to venture into childrens shirts from nb-5t maybe. I know alot of these sell good too.