Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #11
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Blueberry Coverall OS vs Thirsties Duo Wrap?

I have both in aplix and really I find them very similar. If I were buying more I prefer the Thirsties every so slightly so I'd get those but, really, pretty much the same.

Advertisement

isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #12
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelsmummy
I have both in aplix and really I find them very similar. If I were buying more I prefer the Thirsties every so slightly so I'd get those but, really, pretty much the same.
Even for size 2?

My phone thinks it is smarter than me.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #13
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I find that the Duo is best for trifolding becuase its trimmer and it has the front flap which my DH finds easier if I pre-trifold and tuck into the flap and have ready for him to use. I find the blueberry fits better over a folded snappi'd prefold, with less tucking. The Duo you sorta need more tucking. Duo also fit better in the smaller setting, and blueberry left a red mark where the snap rise bunched on the leg until he was past the first rise snap. I personally have 4 blueberry, 8 duo, 1 Econobum, 2 flip, and 2 bummis. I like them all. Blueberry and Bummis Soft Whisper wraps are the sturdiest. Flip, Duo and Econobum are the trimmest but do not last as long. I've had problems with Duo snap's not snapping and the velcro wearing out quickly. Blueberry I only have trouble with the velcro curling a little. Econobum and Flip wear out in the elastic and hold stains the most for me.
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #14
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Overally, the BBCs ate much nicer, higher quality covers IMO. That is not to say that the Thirsties aren't nice, either. I own both and like both. These are my thoughts on both:

BBC: fits a little large, didn't fit DS well 'til he was 13-14 lbs
Heavier-weight cover than most/feels like it will wear better/last longer than any of my other covers
More generously cut/works well over fitteds or bulkier diapers
Double gussets are nice

Thirsties Duo: trim
Would fit your DD better right now IMO
Thinner/would work better for padfolding
Double gussets are nice

The only other item of note is that there is a time for many babies when neither the Duo 1 or Duo 2 fit. Sadly, my DS is in that phase right now. Our BBCs fit great but he had to grow into those a bit. You might want some of each?
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #15
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

I'm leaning heavily towards getting 4 Duo 1s and 6 Blueberries and going with that. It's the Duo 2s that I keep going "ehhhh" on. Seems like the best of both worlds? I assume the Duo 1s would resell well enough, yes?

You ladies are amazing by the way, thank you.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:17 AM   #16
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aithyne
I'm leaning heavily towards getting 4 Duo 1s and 6 Blueberries and going with that. It's the Duo 2s that I keep going "ehhhh" on. Seems like the best of both worlds? I assume the Duo 1s would resell well enough, yes?

You ladies are amazing by the way, thank you.
Size 1 Duos go for about $10 on the swap
Old 02-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #17
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuel

Size 1 Duos go for about $10 on the swap
Good enough to justify!

Now to tackle wipes. This ought to be fun...

My phone thinks it is smarter than me.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:37 AM   #18
akrhea
Registered Users
seller

Blueberry coverall has a mini size now - that's the tiniest cover I could find for my newborn! I have that and thirsties duo 1, both in snaps. Very similar in sizes, but the blueberry went a *little* tighter at the waist for my LO. After a couple weeks the duo fit fine.

Haven't used the bigger coverall or duo 2 yet, but my sister likes them both!
akrhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:38 AM   #19
Txladybug
Registered Users

I had one BB coverall that I didn't really like. They are really big. Not much different size wise to a size 2 capri or thristies cover. For trimness out of those, I would definitely choose the thirsties. You do run into the issue of being in between sizes. Another cover that I would suggest is rumparooz. I really really love their covers and they are great for snappi'ed pfs and trifolding.

As far as wipes go, the GMD two-sided wipes are by far my favorite of any that i've used. I like that they are rectangles instead of squares because they don't fold over on themselves while being sprayed. I also love white wipes because you can tell when yellow BF baby poop is all the way off baby. It's harder to tell with colored wipes. The two textures are great too.
Txladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #20
AliciaTheClothMama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I used the Thirsties Duos when my dd was nb, and the fit is much trimmer than the BBCs, and better for a newborn in my opinion. I was also gifted 2 Tiny Tush x-smalls and 3 Thirsties diaper covers (non-duo wrap) size x-small. The trim fit on the Tiny Tush covers was AWESOME!!!!! And then the Thirsties x-smalls were my next favorites. Now that she's 16 pounds, I just bought some BBC one-size covers and size 2 Thirsties Duo Wraps. She would have been swimming in the BBCs when she was born, but they are perfect for her current size. Right now, I love the BBC covers and the Thirsties Duo Wraps equally. I like the choice of prints on the BBC covers better than the Thirsties, but I reach for them both when it's time to swap covers.
AliciaTheClothMama is offline   Reply With Quote