Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #21
khbordelon
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnant after TTC while Breastfeeding! *February-March*

Can I join you?

Username (and name if desired) : khbordelon--- Karine
Age of nursling at time of BFP: 11 months
EDD with new baby : November 9th, 2012

I have a quick question for you mamas:
I have had only one post-partum period, started January 17th. DH and I BDed only once () in the past 6 weeks so I know the conception date and it really would not compute with the typical calculations for due dates based on LMP (EDD based on LMP would be October 26th) The discrepancy, two weeks, is pretty big, especially if I have an u/s early. What do you tell your care provider about the dates? ( I am not sure which way we will go , as far as provider goes, because 1) we will move in the next 3-4 months, 2) I don't have health insurance anymore 3) I was thinking about going the midwife route this time around if everything goes well)
I know some smarta$% doctors might not always listen to what you know and I don't want to be freaked out by them saying that baby is behind in growth and it doesn't look good,blablabla..
I have had 5 losses between DS and DD and I don't want to be stressed out more than I already am about this pregnancy.
Thanks for any input.

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #22
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by khbordelon View Post
Can I join you?

Username (and name if desired) : khbordelon--- Karine
Age of nursling at time of BFP: 11 months
EDD with new baby : November 9th, 2012

I have a quick question for you mamas:
I have had only one post-partum period, started January 17th. DH and I BDed only once () in the past 6 weeks so I know the conception date and it really would not compute with the typical calculations for due dates based on LMP (EDD based on LMP would be October 26th) The discrepancy, two weeks, is pretty big, especially if I have an u/s early. What do you tell your care provider about the dates? ( I am not sure which way we will go , as far as provider goes, because 1) we will move in the next 3-4 months, 2) I don't have health insurance anymore 3) I was thinking about going the midwife route this time around if everything goes well)
I know some smarta$% doctors might not always listen to what you know and I don't want to be freaked out by them saying that baby is behind in growth and it doesn't look good,blablabla..
I have had 5 losses between DS and DD and I don't want to be stressed out more than I already am about this pregnancy.
Thanks for any input.
When nursing ovulation can be quite off, so I'd go with the conception date. If you know for sure the day, then don't sweat it. I know mine was off based on the U/S and LMP, but I knew when I got my positive test and when we DTD approximately (well the 2 times we did)...so even though I'd been done nursing for 3 months by the times I got preggo mine was still even off. I had to argue cuz they thought I was due 2 weeks later than I was. They finally went with my date, and now I'm measuring (and baby is measuring) right on track with the dates I told them were correct.

Last edited by Jewelgurl137; 03-01-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Jewelgurl137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #23
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Hey all.
I miscarried the next afternoon after I posted in here. The good news? After six losses, the doctors are FINALLY going to start testing to determine why I keep losing pregnancies. We know its not progesterone (mine looks great in the beginning and keeps on going). My HCG was doubling perfectly until it suddenly stopped. Everything looks great and then it suddenly isn't. So they're finally running some tests for me and we'll see what they determine. I do the bloodwork next Monday and it'll take 3 weeks to come back.

Please just pray that it is not genetic since that cannot be fixed. Clotting disorders, hormonal imbalances, etc can all be treated to at least improve our odds if not get rid of the problem completely.

We've ruled out structural abnormalities for me and obviously DH's body works properly if I get pregnant 7 times in 4.5 years (by the time you take out the months I was actually pregnant...that's 25 months out of 54...almost HALF...and the number of months I was infertile due to BFing my DS...that's another 13 months...out of 16 fertile months I got pregnant 7 of those months...I'd say we can conceive without too many problems, huh?). So, that leaves metabolic/hormonal disorders, blood disorders, and genetic disorders.

Please pray that it is something that can be solved!
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #24
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi, Marie. I was literally JUST thinking about you again this morning and was going to send you an email. Thanks for the update. I don't want anything to be "wrong" with you, but at the same time, I hope they can find something easily treatable, kwim?
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #25
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Praying for you Quick. I know that frustration of not knowing what the problem is or how to fix it. I hope your answers are clear, treatable and fast in resolving!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #26
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Can I join you guys?

Serenajean1/Serena
13 Months
Nov 4 2012
Old 03-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #27
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I added you, Serena, and I think it's hilarious that there are FOUR people now due on 11/4!

I wish this thread were more active. *sigh* It was so great back in the day.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #28
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Hi, Marie. I was literally JUST thinking about you again this morning and was going to send you an email. Thanks for the update. I don't want anything to be "wrong" with you, but at the same time, I hope they can find something easily treatable, kwim?
Well, at this point we KNOW something is wrong with me. Now its a matter of finding out WHAT. I'm okay with something being wrong as long as it can be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Praying for you Quick. I know that frustration of not knowing what the problem is or how to fix it. I hope your answers are clear, treatable and fast in resolving!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Thank you very much, hon. I'm hoping that in 4 short weeks I will have an answer and create a game-plan. I can conquer anything with enough planning and preparation, right?
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #29
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I added you, Serena, and I think it's hilarious that there are FOUR people now due on 11/4!

I wish this thread were more active. *sigh* It was so great back in the day.
I am the glue (the very gorgeous and witty glue) that holds this group together.

Either that or we all got busy worrying about babies and bellies.

But, I vote that I'm the glue. Yep. Definitely.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #30
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Well, at this point we KNOW something is wrong with me. Now its a matter of finding out WHAT. I'm okay with something being wrong as long as it can be fixed.
Yeah. I meant that having something wrong and treatable was a better option than them being all "well all your labs are normal so we don't know what's going on." (Although I don't know how often that happens anymore since it seems like they come out with more and more stuff that can be tested for and treated.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
I am the glue (the very gorgeous and witty glue) that holds this group together.

Either that or we all got busy worrying about babies and bellies.

But, I vote that I'm the glue. Yep. Definitely.
"Like."