Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #31
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pregnant after TTC while Breastfeeding! *February-March*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Yeah. I meant that having something wrong and treatable was a better option than them being all "well all your labs are normal so we don't know what's going on." (Although I don't know how often that happens anymore since it seems like they come out with more and more stuff that can be tested for and treated.)
My doc said its actually a 50/50 deal on whether it will come back with something. He said that while they've made great strides in the last 10 years, there are a lot of things that they just don't have tests for and a lot of reproductive disorders that are just completely unknown.

IF everything comes back negative, I go to an RE for more in-depth testing.

Either way, I'll be on progesterone, baby asprin, and Rx vitamins from ovulation (if not before) until delivery with the next one---which means TTC will be even more complicated than I'm used to and there will be no "relax and let it happen" business...but I'll live with it if it gets me to the goal.

Advertisement

Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #32
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Marie-- I agree, you are the glue! so come on back Hope you get some answers. I know how frustrating it has been to not know why I had a stroke (clotting disorder or heart disorder of some kind). Have you googled protein S deficiency? It's one of the possibilities in my case and it is something that can cause pg losses when undiagnosed. Not to give you one more thing to worry about, just thought of it as I have been reading up on it in my own research.

I too remember fondly when we were all hopping in this thread (and in ttc forum). I still miss those ttc months. . .no other forum/group has been quite as awesome! I'd be posting here more, but haven't been getting the updates from my sub for some reason. boo.

welcome new-comers!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #33
mamastesh
Registered Users
Formerly: preemiemama
seller
seller

Marie - ((hugs))for your loss. I really hope you get some answers that will give you a direction to move forward with. I will be praying that it is NOT a genetic problem and that it is caused by something else that can be treated.

Andrea - Will be thinking of you tomorrow morning.

And I miss this thread (and the TTC while BFing thread) sooo much. Just thinking about it makes me want to TTC with you ladies even though I have an 18 day old newbie sitting here with me. Andrew Nicholas was born on 3/2/12 and I am just head over heals in love and knew from the moment he was born that I am not done having babies. Too bad what I know and feel is not the only factor that goes into the having more kids decision. If I am blessed to have the opportunity to TTC again I hope to find the support of some mamas as wonderful as you all. And I look forward to seeing lovely pics of rainbow babies for you three mamas (Andrea, Marie and Lucy). And here is a pic (or 2) of our little naturally conceived while BFing miracle.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #34
mamastesh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi Lucinda! Glad to see you here too. I hope your recovery is going well. Wanna add a gratuitous newborn pic too? I took the liberty since the thread was so slow.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:39 AM   #35
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Marie-- I agree, you are the glue! so come on back Hope you get some answers. I know how frustrating it has been to not know why I had a stroke (clotting disorder or heart disorder of some kind). Have you googled protein S deficiency? It's one of the possibilities in my case and it is something that can cause pg losses when undiagnosed. Not to give you one more thing to worry about, just thought of it as I have been reading up on it in my own research.
I'll look into it. I've looked up a couple of things, but they don't fit my symptoms (insanely regular AF, etc). I'll check it out and mention it to my doc if it seems feasible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preemiemama View Post
Marie - ((hugs))for your loss. I really hope you get some answers that will give you a direction to move forward with. I will be praying that it is NOT a genetic problem and that it is caused by something else that can be treated.

Andrea - Will be thinking of you tomorrow morning.

And I miss this thread (and the TTC while BFing thread) sooo much. Just thinking about it makes me want to TTC with you ladies even though I have an 18 day old newbie sitting here with me. Andrew Nicholas was born on 3/2/12 and I am just head over heals in love and knew from the moment he was born that I am not done having babies. Too bad what I know and feel is not the only factor that goes into the having more kids decision. If I am blessed to have the opportunity to TTC again I hope to find the support of some mamas as wonderful as you all. And I look forward to seeing lovely pics of rainbow babies for you three mamas (Andrea, Marie and Lucy). And here is a pic (or 2) of our little naturally conceived while BFing miracle.

He's just gorgeous.

Its strange seeing all these newbies from my/our TTC days who would be younger than Deagan if I'd stayed pregnant. With all that has happened to me in the last few months, it feels as though time has been on hold and you should all be still pregnant like you were 5 months ago. Its a bittersweet reminder that life does go on and progress and new little ones are born and grow. I wish you and the little guy all kinds of wonderful things.
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #36
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Marie. . .

Congrats Steph!!!! I have been stalking the March ddc a bit and saw that you'd had your little guy. So happy for you!
I know what you mean about ttc. . .we're in a place of probably not having any more babes (for a couple of reasons, the stroke being one of them) and it's so bittersweet to think that I won't be ttc or pg again. On the other hand, I'd be scared stiff to be pg again anytime soon and I am feeling very complete now with my two littles. . .

My Eden isn't a newborn anymore, but I'm always happy to share pictures
(I do hope sharing them does not make anyone sad though. . .too much sadness amongst this crew )

from our prof photo shoot at 2wks

7 wks old (at a chubby 12lbs!)

Last edited by kismetbaby; 03-21-2012 at 12:18 PM.
kismetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #37
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Okay, for all of you who have weaned a baby (I had cut back significantly when TTC simply to save my sanity as he was CONSTANTLY nursing even though he was almost 2...then when I got pregnant, I stopped completely the day after his 2nd birthday (7wks) because I was terrified that nursing would make me lose the baby).

So, we've been weaned now for 9 months (a little more, actually). And he STILL wants his hand in my shirt when he's sleepy or really upset (like shrieking because he's scared or hurt).

I know I pushed weaning him, but he was NOT crying and freaking out about weaning when I weaned him. He took it quite peacefully, in fact.

Any tips on ways I can encourage him to stop burying himself in my bra when he's upset?

Old 03-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #38
mamastesh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh Marie, thank you. I wish the most wonderful things for you as well. I just can not imagine what you and Andrea have been though. I will not pretend that I know what it is like to experience the loss of a child. I pray that everything gets figured out for you Marie and you get the answers you need to have a sticky bean. Not sure if you would have more than 1, but there is this part of me that quietly hopes to see you again in the TTC while BFing thread one day. That goes for you too Andrea, or any of the other TTC while breastfeeding mamas.

ETA -

Lucinda, she is gorgeous!!!! absolutely beautiful family photo. I can't believe she is over 2 months old already.

Marie, ds1 was a bit obsessed with going up my shirt for awhile. I encouraged him to love on some taggies/loveys we had and a few dolls that I would offer him. He finally took to an Elmo doll that he hugs now.

Last edited by mamastesh; 03-21-2012 at 10:21 PM.
mamastesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #39
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by preemiemama View Post
Oh Marie, thank you. I wish the most wonderful things for you as well. I just can not imagine what you and Andrea have been though. I will not pretend that I know what it is like to experience the loss of a child. I pray that everything gets figured out for you Marie and you get the answers you need to have a sticky bean. Not sure if you would have more than 1, but there is this part of me that quietly hopes to see you again in the TTC while BFing thread one day. That goes for you too Andrea, or any of the other TTC while breastfeeding mamas.
If we find a solution and I get myself a little nursling to boob, I'll DEFINITELY be trying again.

If there is no solution, we will probably continue to hope for another lucky streak like we had with Smidget and go from there, but I doubt I'd have a 3rd if we get that far---we'd probably just adopt.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #40
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Marie--my ds is not quite weaned yet, but he also does the hand in the shirt routine. Haven't quite figured out how to deal with that yet. He's never been willing to take a substitute like a lovey. he's just a boob guy, lol.

Sweet little guy Steph! Love the woolies too.