Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
soon2bmom914
Registered Users

Anyone from harrisburg, PA??

Hi mommas! My name is Molly! I've been unregistered for ds but enjoy reading different forums. I'm recently married and expecting our first baby Aug. 14 2012! We're so excited! I am so a thrifty person and am def using cloth diapers, but I'm a little confused about what's best! I want to be as Eco friendly as possible!! Any help? Or advice? Love to talk to someone
Molly

Advertisement

soon2bmom914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
Krissycola
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone from harrisburg, PA??

I'm about 45 minutes away!
Krissycola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
caitbeans
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I'm from Mechanicsburg, PA!! I grew up in Harrisburg and I also work there.

Each person is different, when my son was born I used mainly prefolds and covers and now that he is a little older (9 months) we use a lot of pockets, and fitteds around the house without covers, and a few aio's. I honestly would say by a little of everything to try out becuase you can always sell what you don't like and buy more that you do like!
caitbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:04 AM   #4
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You're about 45 mins from us too!! You can PM me if you have any questions...I'm not the smartest but I know a few things about cding.
My advice for a nb would be to use prefolds. With our next we are going to use prefolds for the first month or so and xs motherease sandies. Prefolds are less expensive and they pee and poop a lot the first 3 months. I'm also stalking up on around 12 small motherease sandy's. Once baby hits around 3 or 4 months we're going to use the pockets we have and use for our DS. They are more convenient (we travel some). We love bumgenius and blueberry and stuff them with hemp inserts for absorbancy. Microfiber seems to lose effectiveness after so long and I like to use natural fibers when I can. We bought the bumgenius and blueberry's off fsot b/c it was more inexpensive than buying new. For inexpensive pockets, kawaii and sunbabies work well too. At night we use large motherease sandy's with a cover.
That's just what works for us. It's all about what system works best for you. I'd buy a few things used on fsot and try them out. You don't loose much, if any, if they don't work for you and you want to re-sell them. Once you figure out what you like, you can buy a whole stash.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm only about a half an hour from Harrisburg!!
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
Jburns
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm about a hour and half away too. I'm in the lehigh valley area.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #7
lb817
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm from Harrisburg, PA! Hi Molly! I'm due 7/17/12 with my third!! Do you know of any cloth diapering stores in this area? I just know of the diaper service in this area!
lb817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #8
caitbeans
Registered
seller

My Mood:

There aren't really any in the area, there is Growing Up Green in York. I own Bums on Maplewood which is an online-only store now but we do set things up in our home and we are working on redoing our basement to expand (We are in Mechanicsburg.)
caitbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #9
lb817
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ive seen your store on hyena cart!
lb817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #10
caitbeans
Registered
seller