Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #11
bellaphira
Registered Users
seller

Re: So....I hate breastfeeding :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaZnR View Post
What about 1 bottle before bed to give you a break?
She won't take a bottle. She is quite literally a tiny teenager trapped in an 8month old body. She takes the bottle, gnaws on the tip for a minute then throws it at you and screams 'til you give her the boob. Which would probably be REALLY funny to witness....if she weren't my child haha.

Plus at night, it's not that she wants to 'eat' so much as she wants to snuggle with mom and be comforted by the boob (I mean, my breasts ARE pretty glorious, so I understand where she's coming from, but I kinda want them back for a few hours during the night)

Advertisement

bellaphira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #12
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaphira View Post
(I mean, my breasts ARE pretty glorious, so I understand where she's coming from, but I kinda want them back for a few hours during the night)
Its your fault for having such glorious boobs! lol J/K

I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will give you a break at night soon, even just for a block of a few hours. It really does make a difference with sleep, and I get that.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #13
lisapang
Registered Users
seller

I could have written this exact post with my first child. She was super high needs and we had a rough time with breastfeeding until about 4 months. I was in pain every single time she fed until that point, despite seeing multiple lactation consultants. I absolutely hated breastfeeding but I was committed to hanging on until she was at least a year old. She also nursed 6-8 times a night every night until I finally night weaned at 18 months. She also continued to nurse every 2-3 hours until she was almost 2. It was rough but it definitely got better once she was a toddler. Despite a rocky start, we ended up nursing until 27 months when she self weaned.

Now I have another newborn and I am kind of hating bf again. He seems to have the same weird latch problems that his sister had (lactation consultants can't figure out why I have pain since latch looks good). At least this time I know that it will eventually resolve itself. I don't think I will ever really love breastfeeding like some women do, but I know that it is a great gift to be giving my kids.

Anyway, I just want you to know that you are not alone. BF is not a glorious experience for everyone.
lisapang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #14
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DS was like this at night until I moved him out of my room at 8 1/2 months (he went to the office ). He stopped waking up, I thought it was a miracle! And if he does wake up, he fusses for a minute or two and falls back asleep. I really think it was my scent. Even now, if I go into the office while he sleeps, he's awake. DH doesn't have this problem.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #15
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DS was like this at night until I moved him out of my room at 8 1/2 months (he went to the office ). He stopped waking up, I thought it was a miracle! And if he does wake up, he fusses for a minute or two and falls back asleep. I really think it was my scent. Even now, if I go into the office while he sleeps, he's awake. DH doesn't have this problem.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #16
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Thanks for this thread momma! I'm going through something similar with my 4 month old And was about to post when I read this. He will not take a paci, will drink a bottle but once the milk is gone just screams for boob. And I swear he's waking 20+ times a night. OP I hope things get easier for you and you start getting some well deserved rest!!
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #17
leanntoland
Registered Users

I'm right there with you! My son is currently using me as a pacifier and it's driving me crazy. I do not enjoy breastfeeding, especially at night. I'm tired of being touched all day, and at night I just want some sleep. I have no advice for you, it's just nice to know I'm not the only one.
leanntoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:11 AM   #18
Moonbot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Keep your chin up, not sleeping is awful! I just got lazy after a couple months and ditched the crib altogether. Put boob in mouth, go back to sleep, lol. My LO is high needs and the Sears book on that topic made me feel a little more sane. We weren't the only ones dealing with a problematic sleeper who screamed in anger at things we could only guess at! We got a lot of use out of our baby carriers(and ear plugs)- once LO caved and got used to them, lol. We also had a booby only baby and he went straight to straw sippy cups (with water). Apparently pumped milk in the fake booby was insulting-all bottles were thrown at us. Eventually, he took to chocolate almond milk and now he will accept vanilla-when I am home! Lol. But seriously, it gets better once they can explore and communicate a little, our LO was much nicer once we taught him to sign "more" "milk" "eat" and "all done."

It was kinda grueling the first year, but now daddy is starting to get pestered as often as mommy (we've instituted a half hour break for me each day after my DH gets home and settled which has helped them bond). He still attacks me when I get home from work, but he no longer cries when I leave. And now (22 months), he can keep himself busy for 10 minutes at a time-I can even go potty or take a shower with the door shut, lol. And the BFing still helps with his frustrations and ouchies. I'm kinda scared to wean him as nothing charms him quicker than his beloved nanas, they are a magical reset button when he's at his worst
Moonbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:56 AM   #19
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

This is why I bed share. Nights are tough because they use it like a pacifier. You aren't alone. Hang in there!
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #20
Insincereturnip
Registered Users
seller

I have not read the other replies and i am sure you will get lots of good advice. I am here to tell you that i totally understand where you are coming from. I have the same model of baby that you have. Constantly wants to be held and no further than six inches from me. OVERTOUCHED is a great word for it. And sometimes i think if she claws at my face or pulls my hair one more time, i am going to hurl something at the wall. I dont hate breastfeeding simply because i worked really hard to get bfing to work. I was not successful with my first and i will always feel awful about that. He has some feeding issues at almost four so i amnot sure if there wasanything morei could have done. But it makes me appreciate baby #2's healthy appetite and ability to nurse. That being said, sometimes i wish i wasnt her only source of comfort. And i get pretty worn out when she is constantly crying about not being held or nursed. She isnt fooled by baby wearing either. She wants arms around her. She can also be appeased if she is right in the middle of the family goings on. Which is great but not helpful when i need to clean or whatever. i feel like a jerk for getting frustrated with an 8 month old. But it happens. Its the screaming for constant attention and the nightly nursing marathons that add up to exhaustion. Her little rat teeth aren't a great addition either.
All i can tell you is that breastfeeding seems to be worth it in the end. I wouldnt want to wean her and i think it has its ups and downs but as they get older it gets easier and more precious.
Some babies just need more attention. I have friends whose babies were similar and have grown into independent toddlers. So it isnt forever.
It is ok to hate breastfeeding. You love your baby enough to keep going and that sacrifice will be rewarded down the road. In the meantime, i feel ya. Baby has been up more or less sine 2:30. Theres a little reflux going on too.
Hang in there!
Insincereturnip is offline   Reply With Quote