Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
TTC #2 decision

DP and I have DS who is 15 months old. We worked very hard to conceive him...Im talking he was our 13th try after trying with donor sperm at home, 3 IUI's, and finally turning to IVF.

I had no fertility issues and obviously the donor sperm was perfect since the cryobank wont accept it unless it is. As the doctor's said I was "textbook", and it was just a matter of getting it to "stick".

We are planning to TTC #2 either this fall or the following spring since for us, its not exactly free to make a baby. I am trying to decide this time around if I want to try 1 or 2 IUI's since they are so much cheaper and I would only have to travel 30 minutes to have all the monitoring and the procedure, or if we want to go right back to IVF, and go 6 hrs away to do it.

A little voice in the back of my head is saying to try it, it will work since maybe now after having a baby my body knows what to do, but another part of me is scared that if we do a cycle, thats about $1000 out the window (once you factor in the sperm) that I could have put toward an IVF with better odds.

I just want to be one of those girls who looks at sperm and gets pregnant 1st try!! So the question is... what should I do? What would you do?
Should I try the IUI once and maybe I will hit the jackpot and get a baby 1st try? Maybe it will be the universe's way of saying "sorry it was so hard the first time, here is a baby the first try to make up for it" LOL.

I dont mind the meds and being a pin cushion...all my life, all I ever wanted to do was be a mommy. I never had a career I would kill to have, I just wanted to have and enjoy my babies. So I'm torn, the IUI's would at least let me start trying sooner, but Im worried I will have to deal with cycle after cycle of sadness when it doesnt work.

Help me out here mamas!

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Re: TTC #2 decision

If you put this in the TTC forum you might get more info from other moms who have done IVF and such.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
Wy`sMom
Registered Users

My Mood:
It took me 11 IUI's with my first. The last 5 with drugs. 3 with letrizole and the next with clomid and letrizole which resulted in a pregnancy and miscarriage. The last was also both drugs and resulted in my DD. the second time around I expected to go through the same. I was still nursing DD but got pregnant the first IUi no drugs. I did miscarry but got pregnant again the second time. It seems that once my body figured out what to do it everything went smoothly. I would try an IUI if I were you.
Wy`sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
fabulousmindy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good luck that is so hard. I really wanted to carry but had a miscarriage and then didn't conceive. My partner is now carrying our second. She is ten years younger than me
fabulousmindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulousmindy View Post
Good luck that is so hard. I really wanted to carry but had a miscarriage and then didn't conceive. My partner is now carrying our second. She is ten years younger than me
thank you! So sorry about your miscarriage, but congrats on your baby to be! I posted this awhile ago.. DS will be 2 in a couple of months, and I just started my stim meds yesterday... so if all goes well, I will have my retrevial on the 1st and transfer the following Saturday!!! fingers crossed it works the first time this time around... we are SOOO due for an easy conception this time