Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
donnyandmelissa
Registered Users
seller

Co sleeping Nursing mommas do your babies nurse during the day?

I think something is wrong, my 7 month old nurses ALL Night off and on but for long periods of time. He doesn't want to nurse much at all during the day. Maybe 5 seconds to 2 mintues 5 minutes if I am lucky. I try numerous times a day. When we are not at home but shopping, doing errands etc he doesn't want to nurse at all.

He is not eating solids yet. He just spits anything and everything out besides for bread. He will knaw on bread all day if I let him.

I posted in the parenting forum just now about the lack of schedule he is on because we always fed on demand but now I am regreting let him do this at an older age.

Any ideas on how to get him to stop nursing so much at night. I mean I don't mind if it was once a night or twice but it seems like its all night.

Advertisement

Mommy to Kane 10, Emily 3, Avery 3 months and wife to a AWESOME husband. We're a Cloth diapering, babywearing, extended breastfeeding, extended rear facing, non vaccinating, co sleeping, delaying solids family but most importantly a New testament Christian which means we speak where the bible speaks & are silent where the bible is silent.
donnyandmelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Co sleeping Nursing mommas do your babies nurse during the day?

Is he distracted? DD would have never nursed during the day at that age unless I went and laid down with her in bed. She had to have zero distractions.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

My "almost" 7 month old nurses all day and all night. When she gets distracted she will bite down and pull off. OUCH! But its rare. She does nurse for very long periods of time at night. Most of it is comfort suckling though.
Are you sure your little guy just isn't slurping up what he needs during the day and going on his merry way?
My girl only takes 2 mins or less per breast during the day (we still do both sides each feed) and she's done. Only one let down and she's fine but at night she will get multiple letdowns as she dream feeds.

Does that make sense or help?

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Has it always been like this or is this new? If it's new I'd say she's just going through a developmental phase of being really interested in the world/easily distracted and doesn't want to "waste time" during the day BFing. It should pass. I would definitely try BFing her with zero distractions during the day--dark quiet room, in bed, etc.