Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #11
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 5-month-old w/ reflux been on a nursing strike his whole life, mom's supply dropp

Could he be allergic to something that mother is eating?

My babies always had such a hard time with dairy. My 1st had major reflux and was fine once I stopped dairy. It was night and day! He went from only sleeping 15 minute shifts to sleeping all night long.

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #12
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 5-month-old w/ reflux been on a nursing strike his whole life, mom's supply dropp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Could he be allergic to something that mother is eating?

My babies always had such a hard time with dairy. My 1st had major reflux and was fine once I stopped dairy. It was night and day! He went from only sleeping 15 minute shifts to sleeping all night long.
This is what I was going to suggest. Both of my younger kids have been sensitive to ANY dairy, even butter. DS was a different baby when I stopped eating it. DD now pretty much doesn't like to nurse if I've accidentally had some....she will nurse very little for three or four days afterward, and then is fussy when she does nurse.

I would suggest that your friend try removing all forms of dairy for a few weeks (it can take a while to get it out of her system) before trying another medication.
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote