Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #21
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I swear it's not THAT dangerous.

They'd love the woman who had IVF and a baby at age 71 in India. Spring that one on 'em next time they give you trouble.

Seriously, you're not a senior citizen. If the pipes work, who cares??? Enjoy this pregnancy mama!!!!

Advertisement

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #22
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Thanks everyone!! I really was shocked by the response of a couple of people but at least most have been happy (or pretended LOL )
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #23
mamastesh
Registered Users
Formerly: preemiemama
seller
seller

I am 33 and I hope to be so blessed as to have more children. To have 2 or 3 would be a dream come true and in that dream I would have the last when I am 41. I think it is a wonderful age to have a child. On another note, women having babies in their 40's is not a new thing. I can think of several families that had children in their 40's and those "kids" are about 20-30 years older than me. LOL.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #24
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Everyone is all scared out downs syndrome for those in their 40s. Also, in America it's not as common as other place around the world. I would venture to say that many women do not want to have babies in their 40s but that is for other reasons not due to their bodies not being able to have them.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #25
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My friend is 36 and just had her 3rd. She said she was treated like a freak of nature or something like she is OLDER than dirt! How ridiculous. She is a fit and active and super involved mom. Just the kind that SHOULD Be having kids to populate my city. lol!
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #26
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on your pregnancy! I find it strange that people said that to you, but a new pregnancy tends to bring out verbal diarrhea in people One of my mothers sisters had a baby at 45, she thought she was going through menopause, surprise! (completely wanted, told by doctors she was infertile)
Old 03-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #27
mishelwest12
Registered Users

Man, you are like geriatric! Ha! I don't understand honestly why its so very odd now to some people... I know my grandma was over 40 when she had my mother. I do feel for you with the snarky comments, I get them as well but for much different reasons. Although my older two children are perfectly healthy and quite smart. Congrats on your pregnancy!
mishelwest12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #28
mishelwest12
Registered Users

Man, you are like geriatric! Ha! I don't understand honestly why its so very odd now to some people... I know my grandma was over 40 when she had my mother. I do feel for you with the snarky comments, I get them as well but for much different reasons. Although my older two children are perfectly healthy and quite smart. Congrats on your pregnancy!
mishelwest12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #29
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

i've never understood why being pregnant suddenly makes you public property, and everyone therefore has a right to tell you what to do, how to act, etc to insure the "health" of YOUR child it's a major pet peeve of mine. don't let them worry you. i have every confidence that you have the mental capacity to make decisions for yourself and you children that are in your own family's best interest. and, you probably have the ability/intelligence to find yourself a care provider who is far more qualified than random people you run into to tell you whether what you're doing is dangerous or not. i will never understand what about being pregnant makes people think you're stupid and unable to make decisions for yourself
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #30
jamiejo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
Maybe my perception is skewed but it seems to me that now that MORE women are having babies later people seem to think its SOOO dangerous instead of gradually becoming accustomed to it as a new norm.

My sister was born when my mom was 42 and I don't remember anyone having nearly the heart attack about it that they seem to now.

Who knows? Pregnancy makes nonpregnant people way more crazy than pregnant people.Sent from my Galaxy Skyrocket using DS Forum

Lots of people expressed concern when I got prego with DD because of my previous complications. THAT I understand. Flipping a switch because you're 41? thats complete BS. Until the age of BCP's women in their 40's and 50's had babies all the time! HHHEEEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO