Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #21
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who is working on their newborn diaper stash?

As far as newborn stash goes, I've got:
18 newborn prefolds
5 size 1 Duo covers
5 size 1 Thirsties Duo AIO's--these just came today and they snap down TINY! And CUTE. I feel pretty confident that they will fit right away.

After baby's cord falls off, I should be able to tap into my stash of BG smalls. I've got 28, but 2 need some repairs.

I'd like to get some more of these Thirsties Duo AIO's, maybe after we find out the gender.

I'm considering the GMD newborn workhorse fitteds as well. I will need a little bit more for those first few weeks before the BG smalls fit. I'm weighing the $60ish dollars spent on newborn workhorses that can only be used for a few weeks vs. the amount I would spend on some more Duo AIO's, which could be used longer. 26-28 AIO's (the bg smalls) would be cutting it close for washing every other day, so adding in those 5 AIO's will help, maybe 5-6 more? I'll have to wait and see.

I've also got small size prefolds and small flats as backups.

Advertisement

and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #22
mama2v
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Trying to cd from the beginning this time and so far have:

24 newborn pfs
7 xs bummis super brite covers (didn't like these with my second, but kept them around as back-up)
15 xs Fb pockets
9 xs Bg AIOs

I'm a little worried about things fitting at first (especially until the cord falls off) as I tend to have tiny babies (4lbs15oz and 6lb9oz). Any tips about those first few weeks and fitting around the cord?

Jen
(due with my 3rd, late October!)
mama2v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #23
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyutalktome View Post
Yeah Terra, post some for sale or trade.

Pictures of the wool I bought -
Owl Shorties

Shorties (a Zutano shirt I picked up for a dollar at the resale store! matches perfect!)
LOVE the outfit!!!!!
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #24
Blossoming Family
Registered Users
seller

I'm new to cloth diapering...going to give it a go with this baby!! Not much support in my area or with family/friends. When I mentioned it to my older sister and her husband(he has previous children and the CD'd for awhile) they both said how gross it would be and my washer would stink!! Why are people so close minded!! I mean, COME ON, my washer will stink!! LOL!!

So far I have 3 RaR newborn covers, 2 Flips, 3 bummis super brites, an organic caboose, 26 infant prefolds, 10 regular prefolds, 6 flats and a SNAPPI! Going to get some inserts for my flips!! and start from there!!
Blossoming Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #25
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Your washer will totally NOT stink! that is silly!

Totally drooling over everyone's NB stash!! mine is just 24 preemie prefolds and 24 infant prefolds. I have small Bummis superbrites and whisper wrap covers, but I need some newborn size. I have BG's too, but they didn't fit DD well for quite a while, so I don't count those as newborn dipes. Can't wait to see all this cute fluff on tiny bums!!
Old 05-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #26
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got fluffy mail yesterday!

1 thirsties xs (white)
3 flip covers (I know they won't fit a newborn right away but remember my last stash is no longer with me so I need everything and they were on sale) all gender neutral colors cause I don't know yet
2 day glow snappis

1 pair of longies from a trade here on DS....they are soo cute! I'm new to wool and not sure about wool on a newbie (all the explosions!)....but I figured they'd at least make cute pants if not a diaper cover LOL

I need to sew some fitteds....but 2 more projects to finish first!
Old 05-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #27
spring13
Registered Users
seller

I've got a bunch (18-ish?) of newborn and infant workhorse fitteds, and want a dozen or so more - although i may just get pfs to save $ at this point. I just traded a pocket for a KL0. And i'm saving up my swagbucks and Mommytalk survey points so i can buy covers on Amazon - definitely some Rumparooz nbs, probably some Bummis Superlite maybe Thirsties nb - and i would love a cow print Blueberry mini coverall!

I'm knitting a couple of nb wool soakers, more because i can than because i want to use wool. When they're done, i'll most likely post them in FSOT...
spring13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #28
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Oooh, Michelle - aren't the new day glo snappis pretty!? I just got a pair for DD and they are so much more fun than the white and mint green ones I had before
Old 05-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #29
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
Oooh, Michelle - aren't the new day glo snappis pretty!? I just got a pair for DD and they are so much more fun than the white and mint green ones I had before
they are.....and I thought probably much easier to see in the bottom of the diaper bag and around the house...and everywhere else (I lost several w/ DD3) I have one left over....it's purple (if I have a boy they can wear purple right?)
Old 05-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #30
kp1721
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellelg View Post
I have a few! And a few more on the way. I'll post pics in a few days. Until then, I bought this from a co-op with Little Boppers. It'll be the first ever diaper. The kids picked it out because it look like a birthday party, appropriate for a birthday, they say I don't have this in hand yet, I'm stealing the pic from LB's fb

D'aww.
I am in love with this diaper!! It's the perfect first diaper!

I have 2 dozen Snugglebottoms, half a dozen or more tiny prefolds, and 8 dappi nylon pull-on covers
with 18 small Nana's Bottoms on the way
Kristin: Mommy to Liam (8/2008), Megan (12/2010), Baby #3 (due 10/2012)
Wife to Chris (USAF stationed in Hawaii)
kp1721 is offline   Reply With Quote