Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
EcoMumm
Registered Users

Had a c section 2 weeks ago, exclusively breastfeeding and uh oh...

dh and i dtd and he had a slip -up

im not on birth control yet but am exclusively breastfeeding..any advice. HOW EFFECTIVE is this.

thx

Advertisement

EcoMumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Re: Had a c section 2 weeks ago, exclusively breastfeeding and uh oh...

If you are only 2 weeks pp then you are probably ok especially with breastfeeding but I'd look into barrier bc such as diaphragm condoms sponges
Etc ASAP so you don't have to worry
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
myoo
Registered Users

My Mood:

Breastfeeding is not effective birth control, but since you are only 2 weeks post-partum I can't imagine that your body would be back to normal and ovulating yet.

On a side note, I can't believe you dtd only 2 weeks after your C/S!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

whether or not it's effective really depends on the person. i didn't get ppaf back until ds was a year old, so looking back, i was probably good until he was about 11 months or so, conservatively assuming i ovulated before bleeding again. but there was no way of knowing that at the time. and this next baby could be completely different. and many women are ebfing and get their cycle back 6 weeks pp. that's the thing about it. WHEN it works, it DOES work, but there's not really a good way of knowing that you're safe until you get ppaf back and then you can be like "oh right, i would have been fine for XX period of time" but by then, the ship has sailed....

that said, at only 2 weeks, i can't imagine it's possible for you to be ovulating yet. so i wouldn't worry about it too much, this time. but it would be a good idea to do something to prevent if you don't want to get pregnant right away again, just to be safe. and to echo pp, WOW for being up to it at 2 wks pp! i waited the whole 6 wks, although not a day past, mainly because dh was like "yea! we're free! aren't you happy?!" and i was like " *big sigh* suuuure......"

Last edited by Liadan23; 03-21-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I wouldn't trust ebf as birth control, I have a few friends who all went to their 6 week pp check up pregnant again. It scares me tbh, I don't want to get pg again and made the dh wait this time..lol
You should go get a pack of condoms if you don't want to get pregnant again so soon.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I wouldn't trust ebf as birth control, I have a few friends who all went to their 6 week pp check up pregnant again. It scares me tbh, I don't want to get pg again and made the dh wait this time..lol
You should go get a pack of condoms if you don't want to get pregnant again so soon.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with Sally. I've had friends show up at their PP appointment pregnant again too. I've had PP AF's every 4 months with N, starting at 4 months PP. I'm fully expecting the same thing to happen this time too. Until I know for sure when AF will come again, we've been using condoms.

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
this_mel_rocks
Registered Users
seller

I would not discount ovulating already. It is not unheard of to show up for the 6wk pp check and be 4wks pregnant already. I would use some protection if you are not wanting to be pregnant again already.
this_mel_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote