Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #21
amgermain
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you could quit, would you?

Hell no. Like one of the other posters said, I'm a better mommy because I don't spend all day with my children and enjoy the time I do have with them. That being said, I WOULD cut down to part time if I could and if not, then I'd quit and find something to do to work from home. I'm an office manager for a small business

Advertisement

Mommy to Addi (8/13/08) and Abby (11/17/10)
amgermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #22
kristen121
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No, I wouldn't quit. I don't think I'm cut out to be a SAHM. I took 8 weeks of maternity leave when YDD was born and I was going a little stir crazy and ready to go back by the end. However, I would cut down my hours to 1 or 2 shifts a week or maybe even to on-call status. But I wouldn't quit completely, I get satisfaction from my job. And I would want to keep my license active and my foot in the door in case something happened and I needed to go back to work full time again. I am a RN.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #23
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

In my mind I would love to quit, but I'm not entirely positive that is true. I would like to cut down to part time though. But neither one is really an option so it doesn't really matter.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #24
rkw
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would in a heart beat because I loved staying home with my son. I always thought I would always want to work but it changed after I had my son. I would love to stay home and have just one more. I am an elementary art teacher and the only reason I have not quit or taken time off is because it is so hard to get a job in my field. I am going to jobshare next year due to health issues and I can't wait. I have thought of trying something else but I have no clue what pays me like teaching does.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #25
artangelsp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No I don't think I would. I would enjoy working part time especially when the kids are little...I hated leaving my first one at 7 weeks...got more time with second but will be going back in one more week and it will still be hard. But, I worked hard to get where I am in my job (I work as a university professional) and I enjoy it very much. I don't think I could stay at home full time.
artangelsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #26
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do sah full time and we are fortunate enough to live comfortably on Dh's income, but I recently started a new part time job doing cloth diaper workshops, but it is only once every two months. I am doing it more because I love cloth diapers and I love getting out once in awhile.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #27
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes!!! In a heartbeat. I would LOVE to be a SAHM, but we just can't afford it. I took an impromptu vacation this week and do not want to go back to work tomorrow. This is going to sound weird, but I felt like a better mom, being able to actually spend time with my DD. I work 12:30-9 pm. The mornings are rushing getting ready for work, getting DD ready for the day and for grandma to come over. Then when I get home, she eats and goes to bed. It was nice being able to relax and have some cuddle time with my daughter.

I think as she got towards school I would want to work part time, just to get out of the house once in a while, and actually probably would do it right away just to get "away" but if I could stay home, I definitely would.
mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #28
disbugsmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would absolutely leave my current job in a heartbeat. I'm not, however, cut out to be a SAHM. I need to be able to get away for a few hours at a time, a few times a week. I would love to be able to afford to have a part time job doing something I love though, and be able to work around dh's work schedule so I wouldn't have to worry about daycare and transportation for dd.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #29
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nah. I love my kids, but I need and would miss adult conversation, intellectual stimulation, etc. I would definitely cut down to part time and change to something I enjoy, but I couldn't do the SAHM thing. It's just not me. I had an entire summer plus an extra month with DD. I loved being home with her while she was an infant, and would make that choice again if DH did come home with some big fat raise, but by the end I was soooo ready to go back to work!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #30
lauren_brooke
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Absolutely! This is what we're actually working towards. I always said I would never want to stay home...and that all changed when we had DS. Going back to work was he hardest thing ever. It doesn't help that we work about 45 minutes from home, so we a long commute. If I couldn't stay home full time I would love to find something closer to home with better with hours.