Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
nkmcginty
Registered Users
seller

so this may sound like a crazy name but...

my husband and i really like the name "honey" for a littler girl. i think it would be a cute middle name, he thinks it would be a cute first name with a shorter middle name to make it a double (think, "honey mae" or "honey jane".

would my child hate me for this? what others names sound good with it?

Advertisement

Old 03-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: so this may sound like a crazy name but...

yes, your child would hate you. Make it her pet name.

I really hate being called honey....i find it offensive honestly, like people can't remember my name, and once when i was calling to complain to a business they said "well honey, ..." to me in a condescending tone and i had to quit being polite.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
nkmcginty
Registered Users
seller

not even as a middle name? our family girl name is elizabeth, which i'm being pushed to use. so i was thinking "elizabeth honey" (works well with our last name) and calling her some sort of short form of elizabeth. honey wouldn't actually be used, it'd just be her middle name. my husband thinks its cute for a first name, but i'm more into as a middle.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh ok, well middle name may be ok...i'm partial to fun/funky/different middle names b/c they aren't really used most of the time...kinda, just there for decoration? lol!
Old 03-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
nkmcginty
Registered Users
seller

exactly! DH and i like not so common names, but elizabeth is pretty plain and i would like to spice it up with a cute middle name. obviously it wouldnt be used all the time, but it would be part of who she is and unexpected.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I actually like Honey Elizabeth and then he can get the double name with Honey Beth.

Or some name that starts with a "B" and then she is your little Honey Bee!

I am struggling with naming these twin girls right now. We want to use Valor for one DD, but I am having a hard time coming up with her twins name!

Last edited by graces-mommie; 03-24-2012 at 12:56 PM.
graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

There's an old children's series called "Trixie Belden" and one of the characters is named Honey - but I think more as a nickname. If you go with it for a first, I'd make a more "normal" name her middle - so she could use it if she found Honey was awkward as she got older.
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
nkmcginty
Registered Users
seller

honey elizabeth IS cute!! i like "bess" as a short form of elizabeth, i thought honey bess might be cute and super ridiculously southern. our original name for a girl was "ruby june" which i love (we'd call her by both), but i'm just seeing ruby done so much now, i'm kinda losing my love for it. i want something cute and sweet and old southern but nothing "too" out there.

valor is a great name! do you want something else that starts with a "V"?
Old 03-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #9
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

eh, I would use it. I know a guy named Sunshine (his brother is named like, Eric, lol) and a grown woman who goes by "Cookie" and my DH's niece goes by "Baby". those aren't their given names, but they are only known by them. If Beyonce hadn't taken "Blue", this one (if a girl) may have been Desiree Blue (Daisy Blue).
Old 03-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
nkmcginty
Registered Users
seller

DAISY BLUE IS SO STINKIN CUTE! i think you should use it anyway, call her both. i love that!