Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #11
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Early Gender ultrasounds

I found out with my now 2 year old just a couple days short of 17 weeks and it was very obvious and correct. We had a 3d/4d with this pregnancy at 15 weeks, 4 days and they said 100% girl. We saw 3 clear lines and nothing dangling between the legs from multiple angles. I won't have my next u/s for 2 more weeks, but I'd be shocked if it changes, lol.

Advertisement

austinandashlynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #12
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My first one was wrong. :-( The tech told me she was 85% sure I was having a girl after 5 boys. Im really glad I didn't go buck wild and buy PINK PINK PINK because at my next u/s at 19-20wks it was 100% BOY!! I did take the Intelligender test at 10wks and it was right!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

I had 1 u/s at 16 weeks w/my daughter. She really didn't want to tell us and said that girls can be swollen and look like boys still at this point. But by the end she said she was "pretty sure" it was a girl. So we bought a lot of gender neutral stuff bc she was so not sure. But she was indeed right.

I have at least 3 friends who've found out at their NT scan around 12-13 weeks - but they were all having boys. I think maybe it's easier to call boy at that point.

Cindy
Old 03-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #14
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was in for a regular ultrasound at 12w5d and the tech asked if I wanted to know. She said it was unusual to be able to tell, but the baby was clearly a boy, and it was confirmed later. I can share a pic if you'd like.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #15
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

I'd love to see a picture. I've been googling the various diferences at certain weeks to see the changles and "angle of the dangle" before the real changes start, Hah.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #16
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

I went to a great U/S tech with over 30 years experience and he guessed at 12 weeks that it was a girl and then confirmed at 16 weeks. I will be going back in another month or so for a 3D scan but I don't think there will be any surprises.
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi View Post
I did take the Intelligender test at 10wks and it was right!
HA! my intelligender test also VERY clearly indicated boy, as did the baking soda test. your story further confirms to me that i won't be going crazy on the girly stuff until i have a baby to look at in person. good thing most of my stuff left over from ds is gender neutral
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #18
JulieBeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

There is a place here that guarantees gender at 15 weeks, I so want to go! lol
I have an ultrasound at 14.3 weeks and might pay to go at 16 weeks lol

Always in our hearts- 8/30/11, 11 weeks 4 days & 12/16/11, 5 weeks.
JulieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #19
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Well, I went in with fingers crossed, and I mentioned in the beginning, "i'm hoping it won't be too early to tell" and she said, "oh don't worry you will know for sure by the end" she was very confident with herself. And fantastic in general!! Had a littlle area set up with toys and a little tv with a kids dvd playing (so nice to keep my little one entertained) I thought it was a girl at first because I kept seeing flashes of what appeared to be 3 lines and she says, "hold on, the cords in the way lets see if we can get the baby to change positions a little to know for sure. I'm pretty sure I see a bulge peaking behind."

and there we have it. I had a lazy baby he was very laid back, she tried giving me some chocolate to see if it would wake him up a bit, but no, all we got was a few kicks when she knudged my belly. I did measure 16 weeks 2 days instead of the 15 weeks I am.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #20
nkmcginty
Registered Users
seller

I'm 15 weeks also, and we had our early ultrasound done today, and we're also having a boy!