Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2006, 08:28 AM   #11
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Depes for DH to use??

My DH grabs for an applix AIO or a FB Though he is really trying to learn flats and covers

Advertisement

MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:36 AM   #12
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would suggest anything front aplix, and already put together (snap-in liners or inserts)! Easy peasy for Daddy to put on, and most people look at them as just as simple as sposies --- personally, I think they're better, there's no worries about ripping the stupid velcro tab off on a cloth diaper (I hate Huggies! LOL).

I'd say pre-stuffed HH or Swaddlebees aplix - you won't have to wait for these, like a wahm custom, kwim? I don't usually have much in stock, personally - mamas like to be able to pick everything about their diaper, as long as the turnaround is still quick.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:49 AM   #13
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Whatever gets Daddy to help with diaper changes is a good thing, IMO!!

My dh is even put off by velcro pockets, even if I prestuff them...I don't know why it's intimidating for him but it is. He really likes Very Baby AIOs. They fit very trim, just like sposies, and it's all one piece. He won't even fool with laying the doubler in them (Grrrr!) www.clothdiaperexchange.com had some VB AIOs pretty cheap the other day. The only thing I don't really like about them is that most people just make them with the birdseye fabric inside instead of something like microfleece. If I ever win the lottery, I'll have some customs made with fleece lining but until then, like I said, anything to get someone else to change a diaper once in a while!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:06 AM   #14
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dh likes anything that is aplix ~ he just can't figure out the snaps on most things! He usually doesn't snap things snug enough on dd who is SUPER skinny! IF he were to have to change a diaper I leave out happy heineys for him. Prestuffed! And i always tell him to Not put anything in the pail ~ just put it on top and I'll deal with it. He woudl forget to pull out the insert.

All that said ~ VERY RARELY does dh change a diaper. I do ALL diaper changes and almost always take dd with me out. She is super clingy and a big time mamas girl and is fine with dh if i'm here but if shes w/o me too long she starts to cry and dh just can't take it!
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:08 AM   #15
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

My DH always goes for the Fuzzi Bunz. I personally dont like aplix - so I dont buy dipes with it. I'm a snap kinda mama - I get a better fit with my chunky thighed skinny waisted girl. And, hes got it down pat. I find FB are pretty simple snap wise! HTH
Old 04-26-2006, 09:12 AM   #16
rawkstarwife
Registered Users

Can't help ya there since I don't own any AIOs...I do the fitteds/cover/doublers thing too, and boy does it ever confuse DH!! His favorite attempt at that combination is a fleece nighttime diaper (which I think he thinks is a cover!) over a fitted, with only two (instead of the five or six that DS needs) doublers inside! Don't know how on earth he thinks that is right!
rawkstarwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:18 AM   #17
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

yeah, i don't buy aplix - hate laundry snakes. i like daisy doodles ai2s for trimness and she does have an aplix option. make sure the soaker is already in & everything though - my dh gets confused about where the doublers go on them. otherwise i don't really give him an option.

i like fbs but at least on mine the snaps are quite hard to do. way harder than any of my other snapping diapers.

i have to say though that if my irl friend who would totally never have cd-ed left to his own devices can stuff & is so not crunch can manage to stuff & do happy heineys and kissaluvs so can anyone's dh.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:28 AM   #18
bethanyjoy
Registered Users

My DH says that a prestuffed FB is "as easy as a sposie", they're his hands-down fav.