Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #21
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 - May chat

That is so cool! Post pics when you make it!

It is GORGEOUS out today! I have a ton to do but took a 40min walk with Senia anyway- just couldn't pass it up! I've gained like 5lb recently anyway so I need it! Now I'm gonna go sit outside with Naima and the baby and get some knitting done.

I have the next 4 days off so I'm looking forward to that. Saturday is Joe's burial (my BIL that was killed in Oct) so I'm kind of dreading it (there's drama already) and looking forward to hanging out with the family at the same time.

Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #22
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our trip to Birmingham was good yesterday. The babes travel well. Peyton always has issues on the last leg of any trip. We stopped and fed her though and while we fed her it downpoured so it all worked out well.

I was able to eat yummy healthy food at whole foods. I know it sounds silly but there is no way I can get any of the food I ate there here. The kids ate good too! They are really good eaters. Peyton had a lot to eat there too!

We then went shopping! We went to Pottery Barn and even though I had gift cards we did not get anything. I want to think about it longer. I am thinking bathroom stuff for the boys or cushions for our outdoor living area.

I did get soe running shorts. But the best part was just strolling on the sidewalks on a very nice day. It was 89 yesterday but it felt much cooler then usual here. I put Peyton on my back in the ergo and the boys held my hand while we walked. Everyone seemed to get a kick out of it.

Today is rainy here so we may be stuck in the house all day and I have broken up 4 fights already. So off to referee!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #23
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm packing away for a mini vacation this weekend. My great aunt is turning 85 and there is a surprise party/ family reunion. It will be nice to get away and see family we haven't seen in a few years. I need to clean up around here because I have a friend coming with her 3 kids to play. I guess I should get going. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #24
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Naomi, Cool idea! I saw this and thought of you:

I love porch swings
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #25
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatt-townmommy View Post
Naomi, Cool idea! I saw this and thought of you:

I love porch swings
ahhhhhh! That is AWESOME!!!
I so want to make something out of that door, but I'm thinking it will be a while yet. just a few things... like kids, a hubby, laundry, dishes, vaccuming, and much more...are distracting me for the time being.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #26
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ellie is getting into everything. My house looks like we just moved in. (We pulled a ton of stuff out of storage to sort through and tag sale this Sat). and DS was sick last night. It's been interesting. Saturday will be interesting as well. It's supposed to be 'few showers' not cool. I NEED to sell this stuff. I've got two big totes of papers that need shredding and two-3 more boxes to go through yet. and dh is over whelmed so he's useless. Can I get a clone anywhere??
I just need to remember to take my meds and I'll be ok.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #27
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I want some meds! No but serious,

Can I just say how annoying it is that retired Grandparents "don't have time" to see their grand kids? My parents live 4 hours away. They drove right past our house and decided to stop for a break about 10 minutes past our house. They didn't have time to stop. I asked if they wanted to stay at the same hotel with us on the way back so we could visit and enjoy the hotel pool at night. They said it was 1/2 an hour less than they planned to travel that day. Seriously? They are driving 12+ hours and 1/2 an hour makes that much of a difference? Oh blah. My parents really suck sometimes. Makes me wonder why we choose to live close to them.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #28
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what a bummer amy!

went to the library to get a barbie movie for sydney...poor elijah, luckily he doesnt care much. hung out in the kids area for a bit where kezia "wandered off" and emptied a couple lower shelves before I noticed. I was sitting in a chair 6 feet from her looking at a book and she just had to investigate the books. thankfully, the libarians in the kids area are very nice. thought she was so cute.

need to get sewing on a few projects. we are having a ladies get together at church in a couple weeks and I'm making a few door prizes...little quilted coasters with tea cups on it. It's a Ladies Tea and part of the decorating is using quilts from some ladies in the church. should be fun!
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #29
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by estradaamyl View Post
I want some meds! No but serious,

Can I just say how annoying it is that retired Grandparents "don't have time" to see their grand kids? My parents live 4 hours away. They drove right past our house and decided to stop for a break about 10 minutes past our house. They didn't have time to stop. I asked if they wanted to stay at the same hotel with us on the way back so we could visit and enjoy the hotel pool at night. They said it was 1/2 an hour less than they planned to travel that day. Seriously? They are driving 12+ hours and 1/2 an hour makes that much of a difference? Oh blah. My parents really suck sometimes. Makes me wonder why we choose to live close to them.
I just have to say that I can't understand this at all. My grandson now lives 4,000 miles away and I will see him at LEAST every 3 months until they are back on the mainland. They left in March, and I head out for trip #1 June 4th. I'll spend 3 weeks there and wish I was spending 6! I can't imagine not wanting to see my grandkids as often as possible! I'm sorry you have to deal with sucky parents sometimes.
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #30
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Amy I am sorry your parents don't see how awesome the kids are as dont want the pleasure of being with them. My Dh dad and stepmom are this way and even tho it saddens us we know the kids arent feeling the loss and his dad is the one who will come to regret it someday when his grandkids don't know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengranny

I just have to say that I can't understand this at all. My grandson now lives 4,000 miles away and I will see him at LEAST every 3 months until they are back on the mainland. They left in March, and I head out for trip #1 June 4th. I'll spend 3 weeks there and wish I was spending 6! I can't imagine not wanting to see my grandkids as often as possible! I'm sorry you have to deal with sucky parents sometimes.
And Stacey, I'm sure your daughter tells you how much she loves your visits but I have to tell you how awesome it is that you are making it a priority to see your grandson. We moved a year ago, 2000 away and my mom has flown out every 3 months for 10 days. It makes such a difference and helps my kiddos. They're old enough to miss her and look forward to seeing her. So, thanks for making time for your daughter and for making your grandson a priority.

She has a saying that I've really adopted... 'people make time for what's important to them'. She is blessed with the luxury of financial liberty (she works her butt of for it) so the trips aret a burden that way. But even if a grandparent can't afford financially to visit often, letters and phone calls are cheap and what kid doesn't like mail??! Or Skype? It's really that simple. So sad that some don't see the significance of this relationship.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote