Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #21
DevotedAuntie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B

What is a queer mom? Is that the same as lesbian?
I am straight married with one daughter and one step daughter but I say as long as someone is happy and not harming another live and let live
I think "queer" can mean different things to different people. I've heard some people that say that anything other than straight would be queer. After a long journey and lots of difficult moments and self discovery I finally got to a point of accepting the label of queer. I am not attracted to someone based on gender, its the individual and the traits that the individual has that I'm attracted to. To me that's what "queer" is. Like I said though, if you ask 10 different people you're probably going to get 10 different answers.

Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #22
mandalaca
Registered Users
seller

In the post you referenced, I was using it as a catchall for "not straight" as PP said. But yes, different people define it differently and will hear it differently.
mandalaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #23
vegan_mom
Registered Users

Re: Gay or Lesbian Family?

I'm so glad to hear there are other lesbian moms on DS! My partner and I will become mommies in about two months. :-) I'm carrying our LO. We are over-the-moon excited!
vegan_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #24
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan_mom
I'm so glad to hear there are other lesbian moms on DS! My partner and I will become mommies in about two months. :-) I'm carrying our LO. We are over-the-moon excited!
Wow how exciting congrats!!!
Did you use donor sperm? Sorry if that is rude to ask I am just curious.
What an exciting time. Are you having a boy or girl?
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #25
Rileymonster
Registered Users

Hi all!!
I'm BRAND new to the community and was so excited to see this thread about families just like mine!
My partner and I have been together 11 years and after a very horrible attempt to get pregnant in 2005 or so, we decided to try again.
I'm happy to say that Riley Grace is now a very precocious two year old!

We found a donor while living in England (where things seemed MUCH easier) and he was an old pro, having fathered at least 10+ children. A great guy who believes that everyone should have a chance to have a family and started doing this after his three children were grown and off to med school (he's a doctor of neurobiology)
It only took the one time, in a very swank hotel in Hyde Park (and a lot of drinks at the pub!) We figured if the straight people get drunk and knocked up it would work for us and it did!!!!

We might be a bit different- Riley calls me Daddy and my partner is Mommy. I am very butch (not transitioning or looking to) and it just seemed natural to us. Our families are all fine with it but we do get the occasional weird look. But Riley understands that both Mommy and Daddy are girls, just like her.

Mommy got to stay home with Riley for her first year (in Dublin, Ireland) and now it's my turn! We live just north of Boston, MA where my partner is a teacher. I'm staying home with my girl until I can find a job and we are loving going to the beach, the park and story times anywhere we can find them!

It's great to be a part of the group and best wishes to everyone! If anyone is in the Boston area (or still reading this book by this point), give me a PM and maybe we can get together!

Cheers!
Mel
and Amy and Riley
Rileymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #26
lilsoldiersmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileymonster
Hi all!!
I'm BRAND new to the community and was so excited to see this thread about families just like mine!
My partner and I have been together 11 years and after a very horrible attempt to get pregnant in 2005 or so, we decided to try again.
I'm happy to say that Riley Grace is now a very precocious two year old!

We found a donor while living in England (where things seemed MUCH easier) and he was an old pro, having fathered at least 10+ children. A great guy who believes that everyone should have a chance to have a family and started doing this after his three children were grown and off to med school (he's a doctor of neurobiology)
It only took the one time, in a very swank hotel in Hyde Park (and a lot of drinks at the pub!) We figured if the straight people get drunk and knocked up it would work for us and it did!!!!

We might be a bit different- Riley calls me Daddy and my partner is Mommy. I am very butch (not transitioning or looking to) and it just seemed natural to us. Our families are all fine with it but we do get the occasional weird look. But Riley understands that both Mommy and Daddy are girls, just like her.

Mommy got to stay home with Riley for her first year (in Dublin, Ireland) and now it's my turn! We live just north of Boston, MA where my partner is a teacher. I'm staying home with my girl until I can find a job and we are loving going to the beach, the park and story times anywhere we can find them!

It's great to be a part of the group and best wishes to everyone! If anyone is in the Boston area (or still reading this book by this point), give me a PM and maybe we can get together!

Cheers!
Mel
and Amy and Riley
Welcome!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #27
fabulousmindy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan_mom View Post

Hi there! My partner and I are in Columbus. We have an almost three year old daughter and another daughter coming late November!
fabulousmindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #28
HippieMoonMommy
Registered Users

Me!

My partner and I just had our second child 8 weeks ago. We have a 4yr old boy child and a little lady baby.
HippieMoonMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #29
fabulousmindy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieMoonMommy View Post
Me!

My partner and I just had our second child 8 weeks ago. We have a 4yr old boy child and a little lady baby.
Congratulations!!
fabulousmindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #30
imeganation
Registered Users

Hi there,

I'm a single lesbian mom of a 7 week old from a previous relationship, will eventually be seeking a lesbian partner (right now dating is not exactly top priority.. who would I guess qualify as an "instamom" (I'm new to this lingo). I am interested in your experiences, how bonding and the sharing of parenting responsibilities goes for you.. if you care to share on forum or in a private message?
imeganation is offline   Reply With Quote