Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #41
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2momsfrombaltimore
Another one here!!!

We're in MD and have a 2.5 year old and are currently TTC for #2 (I carried #1 and will carry #2 as well).
Hi!!!

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #42
nsimons20
Registered Users
seller

Cool Re: Gay or Lesbian Family?

Yes We are!!! Proud Mamas to an 8 Month old little girl Rylan Grace ... I was the bio mom and my partner and i just finished the 2nd Parent adoption process for further protection. We are from California but moving to Nevada in a couple of months
nsimons20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #43
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gay or Lesbian Family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsimons20 View Post
Yes We are!!! Proud Mamas to an 8 Month old little girl Rylan Grace ... I was the bio mom and my partner and i just finished the 2nd Parent adoption process for further protection. We are from California but moving to Nevada in a couple of months
Old 06-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #44
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i so wish some of you guys lived close to me. DS is 2.5 and we have already talked to him about how everyone's family is different, some kids have 2 mommies, some have 2 dads, etc... and he totally gets it and is cool with that answer, but from daycare, he is starting to notice there arent anyother kids who have a family like his. He doesnt seem bothered by it at all, but its leading to more questions, and he is trying to find osme common ground...

the other night i was putting him to bed and he asked where Mama's (DP) dad was. I said the Grampy was at home for the night. And he said "nooo... mama's other dad, where is he?". He wanted to know where Mama's 2nd same sex parent was. It was cute but at the same time made me a little sad that he doesnt have any friends with same sex parents, or even any other couples that we know.

We used to have a couple of gay couple friends but over the years, we drifted apart, people moved.. so now we have a lot of family around, just no one else he can see is like his family.

I live in Maine... not a whole lot of options to get similar families together for play dates
Old 10-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #45
Fruitbat&Merp
Registered Users

Gay dad here

I'm transgender and went off my hormone meds in order to carry. Pregnancy and labor were--- not experiences I would repeat again any time soon. The process was pretty rough on both me and my (cisgender gay male) partner but we got an amazing little girl out of it! She's 6 weeks old and we've been cloth diapering since day 1. We are an international family living in Sweden
Fruitbat&Merp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #46
KalaniSky
Registered Users

Glad to see some proud families on here I'm Mari, and am not a mama yet but my partner and I are waiting to try for our first lil one hopefully sometime next Summer. We will be using a known donor, but unfortunately friends and family are unable to help so we will be finding a donor online (looking promising so far ) My partner and I have been together 6 years, and she will be carrying our first, whilst I will carry the second if all goes as planned. Plan on cloth diapering at least part time, so building up a stash to spread the cost atm
KalaniSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:14 AM   #47
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat&Merp View Post
Gay dad here

I'm transgender and went off my hormone meds in order to carry. Pregnancy and labor were--- not experiences I would repeat again any time soon. The process was pretty rough on both me and my (cisgender gay male) partner but we got an amazing little girl out of it! She's 6 weeks old and we've been cloth diapering since day 1. We are an international family living in Sweden
Sorry I missed this post before That sounds like a huge challenge for you & your partner, but congrats on your daughter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalaniSky View Post
Glad to see some proud families on here I'm Mari, and am not a mama yet but my partner and I are waiting to try for our first lil one hopefully sometime next Summer. We will be using a known donor, but unfortunately friends and family are unable to help so we will be finding a donor online (looking promising so far ) My partner and I have been together 6 years, and she will be carrying our first, whilst I will carry the second if all goes as planned. Plan on cloth diapering at least part time, so building up a stash to spread the cost atm
Good luck! My wife carried ODD, and while I never would have thought it was in the cards, I decided to carry #2, for a number of reasons. Lo & behold, we ended up moving from iui to ivf & I now find myself just about ready to deliver twin girls I'll never do it again (& have asked DP to remind me of that if my hormones flare up & make me think it's a good idea in 6 mos.!), but I'm so excited about twins & have no doubt it was the right choice for us.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:04 AM   #48
beyoung
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat&Merp View Post
Gay dad here

I'm a straight married mama but I just wanted to say "Hej" - we're an international family in Sweden too. Congrats on the new baby!
Old 11-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #49
rebeccalynne15
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm joining you all, my wife and I were married on 11-12-13. I've never been happier
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	157864   Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	157865   Click image for larger version

Name:	016.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	157866  

Last edited by rebeccalynne15; 11-14-2013 at 12:02 PM.
rebeccalynne15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #50
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congrats!