Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #21
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: AUGUST 2011 - Its June!!

So dh and my 5 yr anniversary is coming up on the 13th. Ok so don't judge us but dh and I have yet to remember an anniversary. Like the worst offense was it was like July 2nd and I was at my parents and I turn to my father and asked him the date. He told me and I was like "oh poop"( I used a different word). And my dad was like why whats up. And I said "Dave and I forgot our anniversary again. He said "well when was it?" and I told him like 2-3 weeks ago. Then I told dh and he had the same reaction. He started apologizing and I laughed bc I had no idea either!

So bc it is our 5th we decided to make a conscience effort to just keep reminding each other throughout the yr. Well now we are just laughing bc it looks like we will probably be making a big move on or around our anniversary! So it will easily slip my mind, AGAIN!

It is all good though I really do not care about the date. And I do not want anything except a vitamix--which I would not want to get until we are completely settled. We do want to renew our vows eventually. So we will come up with something. And I really do not want to do a getaway bc I would be paranoid the whole time without my babes.

The cool thing is though we really have a great marriage and I know I have my soul mate so we just make sure we make each other feel special everyday and eventually we will try to remember an anniversary LOL!!!! And when we do I know it will be great!

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #22
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Don't feel bad. Ray has to set up reminder emails for every special occasion. He gets 1 email a week before and another a day before? Then he just has to remember to tell me. Lol!
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #23
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by estradaamyl View Post
Don't feel bad. Ray has to set up reminder emails for every special occasion. He gets 1 email a week before and another a day before? Then he just has to remember to tell me. Lol!

That is a great idea. I need email reminders but we would have to find someone who could send them to the both of us
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #24
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I am sick with a yucky cold again. Harper is sick too. Thankfully boys are healthy but that means they're full of energy and mama just wants to sleep.

But-- she is still doing great in the crib in her room. She's been sttn ever since. Napping is another story but hopefully we'll get there. It's hard to be consistent with nap times right now since its summer and we are kinda running around whenever.

We've learned recently the dog loves shoes. And baseball gloves and just about anything else he kids leave out back. He chewed up Nathan's sketchers, Dominic's ball glove, about 12 pair of socks (because my kids always strip down in the backyard ). So tomorrow is a trip up to the outlets for three pair of crocs (summer staple here) and new sneakers for two. Hope I feel better.

Well, we've got swimming at 4, soccer at 6, and softball at 6 and 9. Need to find some meds I can take so I can function outside my house.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #25
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

holy buckets britt! busy busy momma! hope you feel better soon.

sydney has a field trip tomorrow and wayne is going along. should be fun for both of them....to a local forest I think. they get to bring a sack lunch and I'm sending the camera along as well.

I'm so proud of myself, I;ve actually have plans for having fun WITH my kids. bought some food coloring and cornstarch for some sidewalk paint (equal parts water and cornstarch and then add color). that is on the adgenda for tomorrow...but we ending up throwing in a few drops of color into our pancakes tonight and the kids thought it was amazing

it's the simple things and I'm looking forward to trying to do some simple things with the kids. making memories together
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #26
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh Britt I hope you feel better!
Naomi let us know how the paint goes.

Baby giant picked up the ****ies from the day care kids. Ugh. One day back and they got him sick. All Casper wanted to do was nurse and snuggle. I wasn't too upset! I took full advantage of my wraps and my cuddler.

I also decided since the kids were a little under the weather that I could paint the bathroom. We've had the paint since we moved in over 2.5 years ago! I was super tired of looking at swatches on the wall. I did not do as good of a job as hubby would have (artist and perfectionist I am not) but it's finished! He wants to do the touch ups which is fine by me. Now I just have to put the bathroom all back together, go to Izzy's preschool graduation and clean practically the whole house with baby wrapped up on my back. FIL is coming for a week tomorrow. Eeek!
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #27
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nope not any better. I don't want to feel like this tomorrow.

I so need to paint my whole house. I'd love to do it before August when we have out of town family coming for two weeks. I have no excuse really since our landlords told us to buy it and take it out of the rent.

Naomi sounds like fun crafts! My kids love to play with slime.

Haven't heard from Melissa in a while....I assume shes very busy with a move? I'd still love updates from all our ddc mamas with pics. Sad that so many people disappeared.

Last edited by mommabritt; 06-06-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #28
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

amy, the chalk paint was great! didn't take a pic cuz wayne had it on sydney's field trip. it dries pretty fast and shows up surprizingly well. I'm totally going to use it at the kids party...like paint peter pan/pirate stuff all over our driveway the day before. super fun and cheap. elijah and I even had fun cleaning out the brushes...which means swinging them in the air as the 'paint' flew out. drops of 'paint' everywhere, but it came right out...mostly just crumbled off us once it dried.
will have to do it again soon and I totally recommend to everyone! oh, but don't use foam brushes...the driveway was pretty brutal to them and they are pretty chewed up with just one use...wide bristle brushes next time.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #29
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm still around, we've just been so busy with the move and sick kiddos and cleaning and painting and not having had phone or internet for five or so days... Oh yeah and trying to still live normal life day to day, lol.

Ill be back with a better update soon. Take care everyone
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #30
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's so awesome to be up coughing all night long. Sorry I'm whining. I'm just so tired of being sick.