Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
misseslloyd
Registered Users

Newly pregnant with twins & having a lot of cramping.

Hello we recently discovered we are pregnant with twins and I am having a lot of cramping while resting & it's worse while moving around. No bleeding at all my doctor said there is nothing wrong it's just the uterus stretching. Anything I can do to help? I'm also getting daily headaches & my trusty peppermint EO has been failing me. Any advice?

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2014, 04:20 AM   #2
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Newly pregnant with twins & having a lot of cramping.

Grin & bear it, mostly. The stretching was pretty intense for me for a couple of weeks, then let up, then I got really uncomfortable toward the end. My headaches weren't terrible, but they were persistent for a short while. They too let up after a week or two. It was just about getting through that "stage" of pregnancy, kwim? Congrats & good luck
Old 05-26-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had horrible pains/stretching that would come and go all throughout my pregnancy. Doing regular stretching helped a lot, whole body stretching, lots of elongating the torso and back. I ate a SUPER high protein and calorie diet, and it really helped the headaches. I think I was getting them from not eating enough. I ate 3600-4200 calories per day, with at least 200-250g of protein. I drank a LOT of chocolate Boost when I lost my appetite. I had at least 2-3 a day when I wasn't hungry, and kept them up even when I was eating better. The DR's said they believe it contributed to me having 6 & 7 lb. babies at only 35 weeks (planned induction from them sharing a placenta).

I would increase your calories and protein, do stretching daily (morning and night), hot showers really helped with relaxing the cramps and pain, and my DR eventually prescribed me Tylenol Extra Strength if I needed it, but I didn't need it too often until I was at the end.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:39 PM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
implNtation I was told. I also chilled but np twins. Just my boy pregnancy
Old 05-26-2014, 04:30 PM   #5
samakh
Registered Users
Formerly shmily3

It could be just uterine/ligament stretching, but it could also be because peppermint essential oil can be a uterine stimulant. Maybe stop using it for awhile and see if your cramping stops...then you'll know if it's that or not. For headaches, you could try a bit of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water sweetened with honey -that's what helped me when I had headaches anyway. Hope you feel better though!
samakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #6
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Protein helps my pregnancy headaches. And Tylenol if that fails. Congrats!!
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:12 PM   #7
MommaMarty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not pregnant with twins (just one large boy) so i'm not an expert at all. I had super bad legiment stretching pains. They freaking hurt, so bad that i went in to get checked out (and im not a wimp at all been through natural childbirth). They told me that i was super dehydrated which comes on fast when you feel nauseated and aren't drinking enough water. The nurse practitioner said that when you are dehydrated your pain tolerance decreases. so what was normal stretching felt like hell to me. And dehydration can also cause headaches. I found that ice or heat on my neck would really help with headaches and i get some BAD ones (again i'm not a wimp..although i sure sound like one.) Hope it gets better for you congrats on little ones!
MommaMarty is offline   Reply With Quote