Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #21
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Hi June!! So nice to meet you! I dont remember if I said earlier but I am 24 and my DH is 27.

By the way if any of you mamas or on Facebook PM me and maybe we can chat on there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbusbaby View Post
Hi Christina! I'm june and my husband and I share similar views. We got married last December and our first baby is due in September (God willing we will have "many" one day...). We are 24 (me) and 22 (him).

Advertisement

Last edited by christina2babyboys; 10-24-2012 at 08:43 AM.
christina2babyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #22
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

hello
my DH and I got married October 17 2009 DS was born September 22 2009 DD1 came August 17 2010 and DD2 was born October 16 2011 and we just found out a couple weeks ago that blessing number 4 is due February 6th 2013. I am the oldest of 8 kid's and I'm happy with however many babies were blessed with DH is the middle of 3 and his mother has told me that if he had been a girl she would have been done after 2 she is not supporting of my desire for a large family DH wants to be but struggles because its not how he was raised and he grew up hearing how horrible big families were my mother in-law once told me she would never make children share bedrooms because it's mean for each child not to have their own private space
on the other hand my parents are awesome and very happy for us they had 8 and would have been happy with a couple more my Mom always wanted 10 but is happy with her 8

Last edited by Truckerswife; 06-16-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Truckerswife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #23
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi! Love seeing so many like this! We believe God creates life and not us so He is in control whether that be 1,2, or 20... or none. He chooses for His reasons, for His honor and Glory. We just receive

We currently have 5 bio and always open to more via biological or adoption (hoping someday
Old 06-17-2012, 05:51 AM   #24
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Amen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post
Hi! Love seeing so many like this! We believe God creates life and not us so He is in control whether that be 1,2, or 20... or none. He chooses for His reasons, for His honor and Glory. We just receive

We currently have 5 bio and always open to more via biological or adoption (hoping someday
Old 06-17-2012, 05:52 AM   #25
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi! Your parents sound wonderful! Glad you have their support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckerswife View Post
hello
my DH and I got married October 17 2009 DS was born September 22 2009 DD1 came August 17 2010 and DD2 was born October 16 2011 and we just found out a couple weeks ago that blessing number 4 is due February 6th 2013. I am the oldest of 8 kid's and I'm happy with however many babies were blessed with DH is the middle of 3 and his mother has told me that if he had been a girl she would have been done after 2 she is not supporting of my desire for a large family DH wants to be but struggles because its not how he was raised and he grew up hearing how horrible big families were my mother in-law once told me she would never make children share bedrooms because it's mean for each child not to have their own private space
on the other hand my parents are awesome and very happy for us they had 8 and would have been happy with a couple more my Mom always wanted 10 but is happy with her 8
Old 06-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #26
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, it is nice to have support from your family. Although after about 6 or 7 kids, most family think you are nuts anyway and just wonder when you will be pregnant again, lol. That's how mine is. I am an only child, and after baby 6-my mom never looks shocked when I tell her. I am praying I will get to make the announcement again soon. My youngest will be 1 in August, and so far the longest I have had between babies is 20 months-(except for a m/c and that distance is 24 months) I am getting older (35) but I still feel I have a few more years of good fertility in front of me
mvp529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #27
supejed05
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post
He chooses for His reasons, for His honor and Glory. We just receive
That is so true! And women have a special, receptive role. I think that is why women, more often than men, sense that the contraceptive mentality is a lie, a snare from the enemy. We intuitively feel that rejecting the fruits of marital self-gift (i.e. children) mortally wounds not only our very nature, but also the foundation of our marital love.
supejed05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #28
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes! Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supejed05 View Post
That is so true! And women have a special, receptive role. I think that is why women, more often than men, sense that the contraceptive mentality is a lie, a snare from the enemy. We intuitively feel that rejecting the fruits of marital self-gift (i.e. children) mortally wounds not only our very nature, but also the foundation of our marital love.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #29
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

We just welcomed #6 in May and Im so excited at the idea of more blessings. We have never prevented with the exception of a surrogacy journey I did in 2007/2008.

My sil ALWAYS makes comments about how kids are so expensive especially as they get older. We live within our means and my children are well taken care of and provided for.
Tricia~31 Married for 13 years to Chad~36. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~12, Ethan~10, Jacob~8, Annika~5, Makenna~4, Niko James~3, Cyrus~1 and blessing #8 due 10/10/15
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #30
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was raised with the idea of God controlling the number of children women should have. My mom had 7. We have 4 (5,4, almost 3, 1) and I have always been open to more but struggle with Gods timing, so I don't no if I would count in this group. Also my hubs is not of the same beliefs as I am (he has 1 older sister that's 11yrs. Older). So although in my heart I truly believe God made me a woman to have children and raise them to be servants of the Lord and to not control when God sees fit to bless md with more, my hubs is not. We have never used protection and right now BFIng has been enough but I know he will eventually really be done and get a V or use protection.