Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #351
**rachel**'s Avatar
**rachel**
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: ga
Posts: 206
My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

we try not to get pregnant. but no birth control. we have three kids, if God decides for us to have one more it would be ok with us. but we pray for no more kids lol. i can't imagine homeschooling 4+ kids.

Advertisement

**rachel** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #352
lisathib123's Avatar
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 2,529
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by **rachel**
we try not to get pregnant. but no birth control. we have three kids, if God decides for us to have one more it would be ok with us. but we pray for no more kids lol. i can't imagine homeschooling 4+ kids.
You sound like me, only we're preggo for #8. I think instead of praying not to get preggo, we should be praying for self control. Will try that next time :-) Homeschooling with 7 is a little crazy, but we manage fine.
__________________
Lisa, wife to Toby. Mom to Ethan, Morgan, Maggie, Molly,
Blaize, Damian, and Jett
lisathib123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #353
Lexy's Avatar
Lexy
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shelbyville, KY
Posts: 2,835
My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Erin- Thanks! I need to remind myself of that daily!
__________________
Lexy: Wife 2 Bobby and SAHM to all boys: Elijah, Isaak, Ethan, Sheldon, and Simeon
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #354
trivett12
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 75
My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Hi all. My name is Samantha. My husband and I have a 46 week old daughter and I am 36 weeks pregnant with a boy. I was on birth control pills when I got pregnant with my daughter. I didn't know that antibiotics voided the pills so we got pregnant. So glad we did!! She is my world!! Then after we had her I started the pill again but this time it was progesterone only or something since I was breastfeeding. When my daughter was 10 weeks old I got pregnant with my son. The doctor said sometimes the progesterone only pill isn't as effective.

Anyway, my husband and I want a huge family so this was all great news for us! However, we just simply cannot afford to have a large family right now. We just decided to switch to cloth diapers to save money since we will have two in diapers and I am going to exclusively BF my son so that cuts down costs a lot. My husband got laid off a week before Christmas so we lost our apartment and now live in a small 2 bedroom house with my mom (very stressful sometimes).

So due to financial reasons I am getting Implanon after my son is born. I hate to do that because I truely want to just let God's work go uninterupted. I believe that if I am meant to get pregnant again I will and if not then I won't. However, my husband doesn't feel the same. He is too worried about finances and wants me to be on BC. He does want to try and get pregnant again in a year or two though when we get back on our feet. I just hate interfering with God though. But I know we need to be able to support us and our kids so I have not complained about the BC idea. My husband doesn't even know it bothers me. But I don't feel right putting any more stress on him by having him have to support 2 kids plus me being pregnant. Plus our families all got very upset when we got pregnant this last time because they said we can't afford it and it is unfair to the children (even though my kids have EVERYTHING they could possibly need and then some). That was the most stressfull part was having our families upset with us and telling us how we are ruining our lives and how I should get my tubes tied. Grrrr.

So anyway, if finances weren't a problem I would just leave it up to God but it looks like I don't have any choice sadly. Anyway, sorry for ranting and raving
trivett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #355
mamatoblessings's Avatar
mamatoblessings
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Back in ALASKA!
Posts: 4,023
My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Amazing testimonies in this thread!! Our story is amazing and simple all at the same time. After our 3rd child DH said he was done and he didn't want any more children. At that time I realized that children are a gift from the Lord and I didn't want to do anything to stop any children that He wanted to give us. He said he was going to get a V. Well, time went on and he didn't do it and we got pregnant with #4. Again, he said he was done and was going to get a V. Again, he didn't do it, though he did call about a consult that time, but never went in. Fast forward a couple of years and I got pregnant with #5. I miscarried that baby at 9 weeks. I didn't cycle again before we were pregnant with #6 (#5 living child). Same story, different verse. This time we have gone through some MAJOR trials in our marriage right after the birth. We came through it and I agreed to do whatever he wanted as far as preventing or supporting him getting the V or whatever (after all, if I'm submitting to my DH, I'm following God's will for ME and I'm still giving my body (womb) to God's will and that's truly what I wanted to do). Well, I found out today I'm expecting baby #7!! (Lord willing, our 6th living child). DH said after I told him that he will be scheduling a V before the baby is born, but I'm at peace with that. I've trusted God this far to put the children HE wants in our family, so I can continue in that path.
__________________
Elizabeth~ Jesus loving wife to myNathan, Mama to God's blessings Jayna-11, Quaid-9, Roanen-7, Avelyn Faith-5, Conlan-2 and 2 precious ones, Victory (10-2010) and Treasure (4-2013), in the arms of Jesus. Expecting a little rainbow blessing late Aug/early Sep Doing a lot of this to get ready! My ISO/IHA
mamatoblessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #356
Lexy's Avatar
Lexy
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shelbyville, KY
Posts: 2,835
My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Elizabeth- Our hubs sound VERY VERY similar!
__________________
Lexy: Wife 2 Bobby and SAHM to all boys: Elijah, Isaak, Ethan, Sheldon, and Simeon
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #357
trivett12
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 75
My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Well I am shocked. I decided to sit down and have a serious talk with my husband and was amazed to find out he felt the same way (sort of). We ended up agreeing on me taking one shot of Depo just so I have a couple months to recover and relax. Then after that we will leave it up to God. I am so happy we talked and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and understanding husband!! I just love my family so much!!! =D
trivett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:31 AM   #358
lisathib123's Avatar
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 2,529
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoblessings
Amazing testimonies in this thread!! Our story is amazing and simple all at the same time. After our 3rd child DH said he was done and he didn't want any more children. At that time I realized that children are a gift from the Lord and I didn't want to do anything to stop any children that He wanted to give us. He said he was going to get a V. Well, time went on and he didn't do it and we got pregnant with #4. Again, he said he was done and was going to get a V. Again, he didn't do it, though he did call about a consult that time, but never went in. Fast forward a couple of years and I got pregnant with #5. I miscarried that baby at 9 weeks. I didn't cycle again before we were pregnant with #6 (#5 living child). Same story, different verse. This time we have gone through some MAJOR trials in our marriage right after the birth. We came through it and I agreed to do whatever he wanted as far as preventing or supporting him getting the V or whatever (after all, if I'm submitting to my DH, I'm following God's will for ME and I'm still giving my body (womb) to God's will and that's truly what I wanted to do). Well, I found out today I'm expecting baby #7!! (Lord willing, our 6th living child). DH said after I told him that he will be scheduling a V before the baby is born, but I'm at peace with that. I've trusted God this far to put the children HE wants in our family, so I can continue in that path.
DH had a V after #3.......had it reversed.......we are now preggo for #8. He's days he's getting another V after each one. But he couldn't live with himself if he had another one.
__________________
Lisa, wife to Toby. Mom to Ethan, Morgan, Maggie, Molly,
Blaize, Damian, and Jett
lisathib123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #359
christina2babyboys's Avatar
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern Mississippi!
Posts: 3,867
My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

God will provide for al your blessings if you trust Him. I stay at home and my DH works at Chick Fil A (as of very recent). We have five boys ages 6 to 3 months and leaving it all up to the Lord.

My husband is the most humble man and the hardest worker I know but he doesnt make much. But the Lord ALWAYS provides what we NEED. I reccomend the Jim Sammons Financial Freedom Seminar to your family. Praying for you!! ((HUGS))


Quote:
Originally Posted by trivett12 View Post
Hi all. My name is Samantha. My husband and I have a 46 week old daughter and I am 36 weeks pregnant with a boy. I was on birth control pills when I got pregnant with my daughter. I didn't know that antibiotics voided the pills so we got pregnant. So glad we did!! She is my world!! Then after we had her I started the pill again but this time it was progesterone only or something since I was breastfeeding. When my daughter was 10 weeks old I got pregnant with my son. The doctor said sometimes the progesterone only pill isn't as effective.

Anyway, my husband and I want a huge family so this was all great news for us! However, we just simply cannot afford to have a large family right now. We just decided to switch to cloth diapers to save money since we will have two in diapers and I am going to exclusively BF my son so that cuts down costs a lot. My husband got laid off a week before Christmas so we lost our apartment and now live in a small 2 bedroom house with my mom (very stressful sometimes).

So due to financial reasons I am getting Implanon after my son is born. I hate to do that because I truely want to just let God's work go uninterupted. I believe that if I am meant to get pregnant again I will and if not then I won't. However, my husband doesn't feel the same. He is too worried about finances and wants me to be on BC. He does want to try and get pregnant again in a year or two though when we get back on our feet. I just hate interfering with God though. But I know we need to be able to support us and our kids so I have not complained about the BC idea. My husband doesn't even know it bothers me. But I don't feel right putting any more stress on him by having him have to support 2 kids plus me being pregnant. Plus our families all got very upset when we got pregnant this last time because they said we can't afford it and it is unfair to the children (even though my kids have EVERYTHING they could possibly need and then some). That was the most stressfull part was having our families upset with us and telling us how we are ruining our lives and how I should get my tubes tied. Grrrr.

So anyway, if finances weren't a problem I would just leave it up to God but it looks like I don't have any choice sadly. Anyway, sorry for ranting and raving
__________________
Born Again Christian helpmeet to Saul (3/06)
and Blessed SAHMother to 5 boys and 1 girl!

Last edited by christina2babyboys; 03-12-2013 at 07:10 AM.
christina2babyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #360
christina2babyboys's Avatar
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern Mississippi!
Posts: 3,867
My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Praise God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivett12 View Post
Well I am shocked. I decided to sit down and have a serious talk with my husband and was amazed to find out he felt the same way (sort of). We ended up agreeing on me taking one shot of Depo just so I have a couple months to recover and relax. Then after that we will leave it up to God. I am so happy we talked and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and understanding husband!! I just love my family so much!!! =D
__________________
Born Again Christian helpmeet to Saul (3/06)
and Blessed SAHMother to 5 boys and 1 girl!
christina2babyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.